ChrisJ28

Reaction score
View attachment 1006303
RB Leipzig - The Sleeping Giants
Decided to make my first game of FM 2016 with RB Leizpig. The reason I have chose these is that they have great facilities for a Bundesliga 2 side along with them possessing a very young team with some immense talent. This gives me a good foundation to elevate the club right to the top of the football world.

Here's to the career ahead!

You should do friendlies against Red Bull Salzburg and New York Red Bulls lol. The "Red Bull triangular tournament". Good luck with the save tho.

View attachment 192989

Squad Overview

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zpsuxfugsdp.png

The squad is really strong, there is a lot of strength and depth however there is also a lot of talent which should allow us to progress quickly and hopefully take the title this season as the quality within the team is really good. A couple of more additions and I think we will make the title ours this season. Selke, Sabitzer and Massimo Bruno I believe are the key to our success in the future as they are massive talents.

Transfers
I think we could do with another couple of transfers of real quality just to make sure we make the title ours, a couple of permanent deals and hopefully a couple of really good loans could help us do this. I'm not really planning any outgoings as all the players in the team have the quality to make a big impact but it will be hard if the bigger clubs do come in for them.

View attachment 1006310

Pre Season Overview
View attachment 192883
Mixed pre-season, a couple of wins against very week opposition however we managed to seal three draws and we unfortunately lost to Kobenhavn and I was really frustrated at the big loss against Rapid Vienna. Zaragoza result was a little inspiring, we was all over them but just couldn't find that one final touch for a goal.

We've managed to add some real quality upfront with Dwight Gayle and Tim Matavz with proven goalscoring experience, Dwight Gayle's premier league experience will be massive to us. We needed another goalkeeper with a lot more experience to push Peter Gulacsi so we signed Timo Hildebrand which should be a good signing. We've managed to secure some really good loan deals to add quality and a lot more depth to the squad. Couple of out goings with Teigl and Dadachov leaving us after very large German clubs in Leverkusen and Stuttgart coming in respectively for them.

Transfers Overview
View attachment 192880
Some really good additions, I was really surprised I was actually able to get Dwight Gayle and for how cheap he was, I think he will be the player we will be looking to for a lot of the goals as he has the quality to play in the Premier League. Tim Matavz was also a great coup for the club as he is also a proven goalscorer. I'm also really happy with the loan signings and the signing off Itter as this has allowed for a lot more quality in our depth of the team, if certain injuries happen then it shouldn't affect us as much as there's plenty enough quality.

Good luck! I'm doing a Red Bull Brasil story so we have some kind of connection ;)

View attachment 1006310

July - Winter Break Update
View attachment 191251
View attachment 191250
Not a bad first half of the season, sitting at top of the league now. Couple of games didn't go our way but we wasn't expecting to go the whole season unbeaten. We've had a few too many draws at the beginning of the season but we have since found our clinical side and started to win more games. Disappointed about our loss to Nurnberg as they are close on our heels but we revenged that defeat in the German Cup to go through to the Quarter Final.

Squad Overview
View attachment 191249

I'm really happy with the way the squad have been playing, we've received quite a lot of injuries throughout the first part of the season and mainly to a couple of key men such as Sabitzer and Bruno, so we missed them massively when they was out injured but they have both returned and a few other squad players have returned also. We've still got a very strong squad and I expect us win the league if we carry on the same as we've done in the first half of the season.
Transfers Overview
View attachment 191248

We made one real key addition later on in the transfer window and that was to bring in Mark Davies from Bolton for a fee of £4.5M seeing as they are cash strapped and we also brought in a couple of highly talented Scottish players in Cummings and Matthews. These additions will help us massively going forward and Davies particularly has played really well in the first half of the season. Wolfsburg came in for Poulsen with a ridiculous bid of £5.5M which rises to £6.25M, he's a striker but a defensive striker with very poor finishing and that just doesn't suit our style of play whatsoever so I took the money and run as he wouldn't have featured in our plans.

A shame Emil Forsberg is so underrated on FM
He will defentliy get a + 10 CA upgrade I hope and PA upgrade too in winter

View attachment 1006310

End of Winter Break - End of Season Update
View attachment 189748

Another very indiferent second half to the season, dropped too many points will silly mistakes which has led for us to finish second this season when we really should have finished top. Dropped points have cost us dearly this season but I have noticed what players will be able to cut it after promotion and who won't so there will be wholesale changes next season and will look to add some real quality.

Squad Overview
View attachment 189747

So we developed a really good team however with injuries to key players this has really hindered our season and the chance to win the league through the title but we have managed to win promotion. With more quality in our depth we may have just been able to ****** the league but with the inexperience we managed to drop too many easy points.

Transfers Overview
View attachment 189744

We made some really good additions including the likes of the signings such as Oriel Romeu, Mohamed Besic and Rodrigo coming in on loan along with a couple of other younger players to add depth coming in also. Besic was easily our best player in the second half of the season and would possibly like to make him permanent if it can be done.

Season Review Overview
View attachment 189743

Gutted we couldn't win the title, finished one point off the top spot so if we didn't drop points against lowly Braunschweig we would have been top of the pile. I was disappointed that we wasn't able to progress to the semi finals of the German Cup but quarter finals was a good effort for a second division side. Emil Forsberg was the best player in this season, was absolutely electric all season however it will be hard to keep him as Schalke and Wolfsburg are sniffing around for him.

All the best for the First Division, I am enjoying a RBL save too, currently in my second season as well in the First Division!