Re-creating Michael Laudrup's tactics at Swansea - TESTERS NEEDED

James1517

Reaction score
For a while now i've been trying to re-create Michael Laudrup's tactics that he used at Swansea during the 12-13 season where he brought their first ever major silverware.

So the idea of this tactic, is to obviously get a lot of possession obviously, but mainly to try and outplay and press the opposition and win the ball back as soon as possible, so you could say it is similar to Gegenpressing, but i prefer to keep the ball a bit more.

Here is the tactic:
View attachment 393381

Player instructions:
SK/D: pass it shorter, distribute to defenders
CWB's: cross from deep, close down more
DLP: Roam from position, more direct passes
BWM: Pass it shorter, shoot less often
AM/S: Roam from position
IF's: Pass it shorter, sit narrower
CF: Move into channels, pass it shorter

Now the way i have set up this tactic, it is much more suited to play easier/similar teams, the full backs really press the wide men and get up the pitch, and this is why it can be vulnerable as it can leave the centre backs exposed and you can imagine that its not very good against teams with quality strikers, especially with a lot of pace. But this is why the defensive line is high up the pitch, so it can press the opposition to win the ball back as quickly as they can. The idea with the deep lying playmaker to roam about the pitch more, is so that he can dictate the play, so i created this role from watching Jonjo Shelvey, as Laudrup seemed to get him spread the ball about the pitch quite a bit, quite often to the marauding fullbacks, hence why i have added the role more direct passes.

Here are my results so far with this tactic, Vazquez scored 5 against Leeds in that CF/A role :)
View attachment 393370

I would appreciate it if people tested this tactic out, and maybe add some additional changes that you think might make it better, or make it more realistic to how Laudrup got Swansea playing in real life. I was going to add the use tighter marking and use offside trap instructions, but haven't got round to it yet.

I don't know how to upload a tactic, i use mac

Use mediafire and post a link, you'll get more people more likely to test with a d/l option rather than a recreation offer.. :)