James1517

Reaction score
Despite not being a Man City fan, i have enjoyed watching their style of play this season and how they are simply a goal machine (at least at home anyway) 7-0 v norwich, 6-0 v spurs, 4-0 v newcastle, Pellegrini has got City playing some fantastic football and is really making them an attack-first team.

Their 4-0 home win against Newcastle is mainly what inspired me to emulate Pellegrini's tactic on FM2014.

Lets look at their lineup:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy
Navas Toure Fernandinho Silva
Dzeko Aguero

It was quite clear in the first half an hour, most of City's play was concentrated down the right wing, and also what caught my eye was that the right back (Zabaleta), Right winger (Navas) and striker (Dzeko) were all linking up and creating triangles to pass round the defence, which is what led to the first goal. Jesus Navas was mainly acting as an out and out winger however Silva was more of a playmaker with a free role.

Kompany was very good at his role of a ball playing defender, it was always him who'd close down Newcastle's attack with Lescott covering. Fernandinho and Toure, arguably one of the best midfield partnerships at the moment, were solid and bossed Newcastle's three man midfield. Toure looked like he was the box to box midfielder, spreading the play and supporting the attackers on the edge of the box, and Fernandinho was in a sort of an anchor role, but he'd often close the ball down in advanced areas of the pitch. We also saw the two centre midfielders swap around, sometimes Fernandinho would go forward and Toure goes back.

So here is the tactic:

SK/D
WB/Auto CD/C BPD/X WB/Auto
A/D (sat behind BBM to the left)
BBM/S
W/A AP/S
DLF/S CF/A

team instructions:
Shorter passing
play out of defence
look for overlap
hassle opponents
stay on feet
higher tempo
retain possession
push higher up
tighter marking

player instructions:
Goalkeeper-Distribute to defenders
wing backs-cross more often, get further forward, close down more, mark tighter, stay wider
CD-Pass it shorter
BPD-no instructions
Anchor-Close down more, mark tighter
BBM-mark tighter
Winger-Mark tighter
AP-sit narrower, close down more, mark tighter, roam from position
CF and DLF-Move into channels, mark tighter

I will post soon for results, be sure to try this out and see if it works :)

Love this tactic! Unbeaten in 19games with it, With Newcastle 2018/19 season!

previous positions in the league are: 4th, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th - Currently in 1st place with 19games played! Which is some improvemet let me tell you!

:D

previous positions in the league are: 4th, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th - Currently in 1st place with 19games played! Which is some improvemet let me tell you!

can you post link with tactic because i m not english man

please

Really???!!!! i haven't actually tried this tactic yet to be honest! what are the results like? scored many goals?

Really???!!!! i haven't actually tried this tactic yet to be honest! what are the results like? scored many goals?