Re inconsistent tactics - is it me or the game?

karlrog

Reaction score
Hi All. I am currently managing Plymouth who have a decent squad and a bit of money. I am using the Knapp 433 tactic and in my first 5 games I won 4 and drew 1 with a tactic fluidity of 30%. I have worked on the tactic and now it is 85% fluid but have not won in 7 games, 2 draws and 5 defeats! 2 defeats are from non-league teams who are bottom of the vanarama south! I am not doing anything different and do the shouts of praise and rest where needed so they are not jaded etc. The players fit the tactic and the morale is still good. I cannot figure out what's gone wrong as I played all the games in 1 nite so it couldn't be a update issue. Please help... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The key to your post, and probably the answer to your question is:

"I am not doing anything different"

if you are on a good run, you opponents will tend to be a bit more cautious against you.
Look at the bad results, where are the goals coming from against you? Why aren't you scoring?

What are the club expectations and what are your expectations? Who have you beaten and who has beaten you?

It's hard to gain any realistic expectation from the first five games, but FM is an extremely dynamic simulation - you need to be able to react appropriately.