Reading Season 2: Need Players for Premier League

• Thread starter Thread starter EBass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2K

EBass

Reaction score
Hey all.

I managed to take Reading into the Premier Division in the first season (On goal difference) and I really need some advice as to what players to chase.

I've been given a paltry budget of 3.5 million. I mostly kept the squad the same with a few changes to the midfield, mostly young starlets. I also signed Frank Querdue to take over left back duties.

I'm no expert at this game, but last season I was pretty impotent from set pieces. So firstly I think I need a decent set piece taker, and a strong striker with airiel ability.

Other than that any suggestions would be great.

Alright mate, at corners, put doyle to challenge the keeper, and get ur best corner taker to place the ball somewhere in the 6 yard area, also put ur 2 centre backs at the posts, one near, one far, ur bound to score goals then, thats what i do... uhm, in the transfer market, buy someone like rodrigo possebon, or ferrie bodde, both should cost no more than 2 mill... i recommend setting them to take long shots from distance and ull certainly get some crackers from those 2... thats what i do to servive the prem, then try and build up the transfer budget, and buy players that will enhance the squad, u do what u feel is right, u gotta learn from ur own mistakes really ;)

Hmmmm spurs seem to be offering 6.5 million for Harper. While he was a rock for me last year its double his worth and I pretty just blew my whole budget getting Bojan to sign for me. Is Bodde a worthy replacement

I dont know how good Bodde is but you should defo sell Harper 4 6.75 mil

Uhm, if you want a like for like replacement for Harper, sign Darren Pratley, 2 very similar players, you can probably sign him for around 1.5 mill, bodde is a better player than pratley though, take a look at both players, bodde can score long range shots, but pratley has a good head and is a great replacement for harper, well, both r...

he doesnt have ur budget i mate, unless he sells his players like u then he cant afford players like that

id say selling to buy that quality is the way to go if you dont wana be scrapping relegation. your team is rapidly changed yes, if thats what your scared of then after they gel you can become an established prem side

thats one way of going about it, i doubt ull be popular with any players tho, id just build on the team steadily, dont go to crazy mate, otherwise ull just get relegated and sacked...

na hel be ok just keep the spine and bring in some goal scorers, i didnt see where the goals woud come from when i got to the prem, and i sold kevin doyle and i was right. he scored 2 goals all season for wolves in around 25 apps

Fair enough, bodde and possebon will get u the goals from midfield :)

Back