Reading's Rise to Fame

• Thread starter Thread starter iedmunds
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

iedmunds

Reaction score
This is my first FM story, please give any advice you can on how to make it better, because I am purely putting this together in view of what I have read in other stories. Thanks.

My story picks up on the 1st of November 2009, after starting my career as an unemployed ex professional footballer.

Taylor Takes Over At Royals

Untried manager Ian Taylor has taken over management of Reading Football Club after the recent sacking of Brian McDermott. The Royals are currently 14th in the Coca Cola Championship and have been knocked out of the league cup.

Key Players

Adam Federici

c_67_article_2036126_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

The Australian born number 1 here at Reading is sure to play a vital part in our bid to push to the play offs.

Simon Church

churchy_280x420_52182a.jpg

The Welsh international striker has already scored 9 goals in 13 games this season.

Manager's Statement

I am very happy to be given the chance to lead Reading in their promotion push, I have been looking for a gap to open up in the managerial ranks so that I could put my name out there as a manager. We are currently placed 14th in the League but we have some easier looking games coming up and I hope to take full advantage of these fixtures.
In terms of players, Brian has already loaned in experienced Andy Griffin at right back, striker Gunnar Porvaldsson, Ryan Betrand at left back from Chelsea as well as centre back Zurab Khizanishvilli, and I am pleased to inform fans of the club that two season long loans are just being finalised as we speak for two young talents who are very, very exciting, so there is something to look forward to.

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Please give feedback on my start, and anything I could change in the future, if it's all OK, i'll post results as soon as I know.

Obviously Following. Good Luck Mate. Give Scotty Davies a few first team games, he'll shortly become a regular. (He's in Reserves at the moment)

good luck mate very realistic how you started unemployed

Sorry guys, my actual whole FM game has gone crazy.
This sucks as I was really looking forward to this!
I'm getting a new copy of the game tomorrow, and I WILL do my first FM story!

Once again, sorry. :(

When you get the new copy, surely this story could be continued because it does look promising :(

don't make a new thread mate, just carry on on this and just explain that you will be going through pre-season again. would just be a waste off another thread if you made another oO)

Back