Real life transfer window stops me playing fm! Anyone else?

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
This may sound really sad but does anyone else struggle to start a new game during the transfer window? I always update my editor every other day or so (so its self inflicted really) in pretty much every move that happens around the major leagues worldwide and I just cant start a game for fear of Newcastle signing Messi! lol

Seriously though, I am a Newcastle fan and I know they are going to sign a CB (or they ****** better do) in the window and if I start a game with them and within a day or so they sign for instance Chris Samba I would pretty much quit the game and start afresh and not to mention all the other transfers happening (Tevez, Cahill etc).

Also last night while I was at work I decided to try a game with Aberdeen and when I woke up today I find that they have sold their captain and signed a decent player on loan in a position that I spent all of my money on in my game!

I may start another save with Bilbao as they are unlikely to buy anyone and the Spaniards are usually not too busy in the January window so that may suffice (cue Xabi Alonso in a shock transfer).

So once again, anyone else have the same problem?

This is me all over, Im also a Newcastle fan and i dont want to start a new game because i know i will have to start again so i can have the new players.

Start a few games before it and just played them for the month, I have 3 or 4 so that I don't get bored of them all lol. Completely understand though and can't wait till February to start a new game with different players at different teams.

luckily i have a decent save going but yer i do this too. I currently cant play PES because i want to start a new game but cant.

Just sign who you think will be best for the team, and if the team ends up signing someone better, restart! ;P

As an Everton fan, this does not affect me in the slightest.

Last edited:
To be honest the chances of Newcastle signing Mbaye Niang, Ruben Rochina, Junior Hoilett, Plamen Iliev amongst others (my usual signings for the toon) are extremely remote. However the departures of Alan Smith, Peter Lovenkrands are not. Unfortunately I cant see James Perch going!

It also makes the game tougher I think as if QPR get Samba, Johnson and whoever else they would be much tougher (they and Sunderland always seem to go down in the 1st season in my game) to beat and Sigurdsson is a beast of a player that Swansea have signed on loan. And yes, waiting a month or so for the next update after the end of Jan is too long.

to some extent, no!.
i remember bringing in suarez to arsenal in fm11, around the same time irl he went to liverpool XD.

i would make a new save with teh winter transfers, but i have to do stuffs all over again, like signing my favourite players, etc :(

Problem for me as well, though Chelsea did just sign Hulk in the January window on my game. Maybe FM knows something we don't...

Back