Real Madrid Preseason 2014

• Thread starter Thread starter Sweeedz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 7K

Sweeedz

Reaction score
So after 3 season at NewCastle with 2 Premier League titles and one Champions League Real Madrid approched me. At first I thought, meh rather stay at NewCastle and continue building but then I saw the transfer budget... 214 MILLIONS. And no I didnt edit it. So I sucumed to the money. This is the team I have.
View attachment 254277
So as you see Im lacking a good AMR. Want a Leftie who can cut in and shoot on his good foot. Maybe Hulk or Douglas Costa, Ganso? And is there anywhere else I need Strengthening? Maybe a good attacking CM. I havent decided on a tactic yet but it will be a 4231.

If you play CM - A and CM - S, the first half decent counter attacking side, or side with an AMC will rip you in half.

There is an ME bug which means that MC dont attack and defend as well as they could do, they are decent still, but they could be better.

Also in a 4-2-3-1, the aim of the MCs is to protect the back for, you dont actually want them getting forward. Fellaini should have BWM -D and Alonso DLP -S.

Rather than a leftie, you should be looking for a right footed player who has a decent left foot, or ideally two footed. I would probably try and sign Nani, or Jovetic and retrain him as an AMR. Navas is another option.

Why not a leftie? They will score more then. And in that case I should just move Ronaldo over there.

Fellaini should only be played as Anchor-Man, his acceleration and pace in FM is far too dreadful to use him higher up the pitch.

Why not a leftie? They will score more then. And in that case I should just move Ronaldo over there.

Because against sides that sit narrow and deep against you, you will get far too congested in the middle, and moves will break down.

Better off moving Ronaldo as you say, play Benzema from the left, this allows you to then set ronaldo as a right winger if needing width against a narrow side.

Fellaini should only be played as Anchor-Man, his acceleration and pace in FM is far too dreadful to use him higher up the pitch.

10 acc-13 pace isnt too bad, and as a BWM - D, you are not asking him to break forwards, but create a defensive box with the DLP and the two centrebacks.

10 acc-13 pace isnt too bad, and as a BWM - D, you are not asking him to break forwards, but create a defensive box with the DLP and the two centrebacks.

I'd rather have him sit deeper and pick up leftovers, with middle set up in a triangle , especially as Alonso isn't a demon of speed either.

I'd rather have him sit deeper and pick up leftovers, with middle set up in a triangle , especially as Alonso isn't a demon of speed either.

I'd go with two DM's, in a 4-2-3-1, defensive mid defen and a dlp support. Purely because he is asking for a 4-2-3-1 here, but I tend to use a 4-3-3 against opponents with a truly top class DMC

Roberto Soldado or James Holland both amazing infront of goal.

So after 3 season at NewCastle with 2 Premier League titles and one Champions League Real Madrid approched me. At first I thought, meh rather stay at NewCastle and continue building but then I saw the transfer budget... 214 MILLIONS. And no I didnt edit it. So I sucumed to the money. This is the team I have.
View attachment 254277
So as you see Im lacking a good AMR. Want a Leftie who can cut in and shoot on his good foot. Maybe Hulk or Douglas Costa, Ganso? And is there anywhere else I need Strengthening? Maybe a good attacking CM. I havent decided on a tactic yet but it will be a 4231.
i whould get eden hazard or mario gotze ;) or you can try to find a good regen for that position if you dont want to pay about 50 million for each douglas costa and ganso are also good but not for AMR but for AMC

I'd go with two DM's, in a 4-2-3-1, defensive mid defen and a dlp support.

Yeah that was my exact anti-Barca setup when running Real, exactly with Alonso and Fellaini. Beat them consistently for 3 seasons before i got bored.

I was offered £292m to spend at Real Madrid at the start of the 4th season, so I do believe you. ;)

That formation is pretty rubbish mate.. You want to get those front 4 in much more attacking roles. Also, playing Ronaldo as a supporting winger is a huge waste of talent, he'll just be dumping crosses from deep into Benzema, who really isn't the best target man.

Also, don't play those two CM's, Fellaini should be a BWM - Defend, and, well I'd probably play Alonso as a DLP - Support.. Not that I'd play your formation, though, tbf. You could drop the two CM's back into DM, meaning you can give much more freedom to your front four.

Also, Higuain > Benzema.

I was offered £292m to spend at Real Madrid at the start of the 4th season, so I do believe you. ;)

That formation is pretty rubbish mate.. You want to get those front 4 in much more attacking roles. Also, playing Ronaldo as a supporting winger is a huge waste of talent, he'll just be dumping crosses from deep into Benzema, who really isn't the best target man.

Also, don't play those two CM's, Fellaini should be a BWM - Defend, and, well I'd probably play Alonso as a DLP - Support.. Not that I'd play your formation, though, tbf. You could drop the two CM's back into DM, meaning you can give much more freedom to your front four.

Also, Higuain > Benzema.
I know its rubbish ;) thats just the defult formation you get when selecting 4231. Looking at this tactic http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...a-treble-first-season-sumthins-4-2-3-1-a.html

Last edited:
Forgot to put the tactic in, edited it now. Ok whos best for AMR: Hulk or Douglas Costa? Keep in mind that Douglas is 5 years younger than Hulk

which one tactic you have played with newcastle , when you won premier league?btw try to sign willian he is really good, i sign him always and he is one of the best AMR in game ;)

Last edited:
TheBetterHalfs Deep 4231. Went on a 20 game win streak with it. The only team that really challenged me was City. In Champions League I got really lucky though. Got the easiest group, got Shaktar in first knockout, then Benfica and Lyon in the semis. Faced City where both Aguero, Toure and Kompany where injured. Maybe Ill keep the save before I accepted Real and continue with it sometime

TheBetterHalfs Deep 4231. Went on a 20 game win streak with it. The only team that really challenged me was City. In Champions League I got really lucky though. Got the easiest group, got Shaktar in first knockout, then Benfica and Lyon in the semis. Faced City where both Aguero, Toure and Kompany where injured. Maybe Ill keep the save before I accepted Real and continue with it sometime

ok thanks for information

Back