Real Madrid - start of season 2

• Thread starter Thread starter the_brahle
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3K

the_brahle

Reaction score
So in the first season I won everything (with Koflok's Goals Galore). Results in the Champions league were especially incredible - the two legged semi-final against Milan finished 11-0 (0-4 and 7-0), and final against Tottenham was 5-1.

Now it's time to prepare for the second season. I have 50 mil transfer budget and around 350k wage budget reaming (in euros). This is my team (viewer discretion advised - it's an overkill):

GK
Casillas
Begovic - castilla
Dudek - listed

DR
Ramos
Rafael
Arbeloa

DC
Fazio - castilla
Pulido - castilla (talented youngster)
Atienza - castilla (talented youngster)
Varane - castilla (talented youngster)
Garay
Pepe
Albiol
Sakho
Kjaer
Carvalho - listed

DL
Drenthe - castilla
Cabrera - regen, castilla (talented youngster)
Marcelo
Coentrao
Criscito

DMC
Mobi Okoli - castilla
Gago - listed; can't play in castilla
Khedira - castilla
Vukojevic - can't play in castilla
Sissoko - castilla
L. Diarra - can't play in castilla

MC
Horava - castilla, listed by request
Badelj - castilla
Canales - castilla
Thiago - castilla (talented youngster) [the one from Barcelona]
Ozil
Kaka
Paulo Henrique
Xabi Alonso

AML
Di Maria
Hazard
Munian - castilla

AMR
C. Ronaldo
Pedro Leon - C team; can't play in castilla
Shaqiri - castilla

ST
Castaignos - castilla
Hanni - castilla
Acuna - castilla; listed
Morata - castilla; listed
Joselu - castilla; listed
Higuain
Dzeko
Benzema
Kadlec - castilla

I also got some great regens (two great attackers) in my U19 squad. Yes, that's an awful lot of players. No, I haven't spent a fortune for them, "just" 128 mil last season and some 30 mil this season. All of them (apart from Dzeko, Criscito and Kjaer - they together cost 50mil) were bargain buys. As you can see, most of them have been investments for the future. I've been asking myself have I won the game?

My real question would be who should I buy and who should I sell. A great plus for a player would be that he is homegrown in Madrid. As you can see, only 1 player in my first team is from my academy - Casillas.

Some important things to note about rules:
I need to register a 25-man squad with 3 foreigners. I can also register 25-man U25 squad for Castilla with 2 foreigners and 25 men and 3 foreigners for the C team. Players from lower squads can play with A squad, but if they play 10+ games for it, then cannot play for the lower squad again.

Some notes about players:
  • I usually play Ronaldo on the left and Di Maria on the right.
  • Benzema will be retrained to play on the right and Higuain on the left.
  • Sissoko is on Anchorman training - works great at that position.
  • Messi is happy at Barcelona :'(

My plans for the next few years - sell Kaka, Albiol, Garay, Vukojevic, Arbeloa, Lassana Diarra and Pedro Leon after at least one or at most three seasons. From the looks of it, I have decent replacements for all of them, except for L. Diarra and Pedro Leon. Therefore, the two positions I am most interested in are Anchorman DMC and AMR (preferably inverted winger). My only sales so far were Granero and M. Diarra.

Also, Castilla is in segunda and is bankrupt - what can/should I do about it?

Last edited:
Just because you have money doesnt mean you have to spend it. Your squad looks fine. Gk only position needing but not till end of season. Keep you money for the mean time I reckon.

A word of advice.
If you are not using your transfer budget , put it all into wages. Somehow this gives you more interest each month so you are making money. Even if you have money but you don't need to spend it , then don't just spend for the sake of it.

A word of advice.
If you are not using your transfer budget , put it all into wages. Somehow this gives you more interest each month so you are making money. Even if you have money but you don't need to spend it , then don't just spend for the sake of it.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know I will not get interest if I don't put it in wages... That settles it, I won't be buying anyone, unless a world class player becomes shortlisted.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know I will not get interest if I don't put it in wages... That settles it, I won't be buying anyone, unless a world class player becomes shortlisted.
yeah better not to spend your squad looks amazin and gettin great results plus keeps board happy

hey you could maybe promote canales into your first team and give him some game time , granero and thiago too for cup games .

Why is Pedro Leon in the C team? He's a great winger.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Not trying to hijack, but is there anyway you can register player in the first team to the B team, without moving them to the B team? As I believe you can play 6 B team player in the first team?

IF you do want to spend some...maybe search around for a decent regen and start training him up/tutoring.

If buying in some new players makes the game more fun for you then go for it!

Why is Pedro Leon in the C team? He's a great winger.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Not trying to hijack, but is there anyway you can register player in the first team to the B team, without moving them to the B team? As I believe you can play 6 B team player in the first team?

Pedro Leon is in the C team because I don't have room for him in A team. That's only a way of me using him in A team because he will be registered in C team and play for A team. Similar goes for Canales, Thiago and other players.

You can register players in lower team by putting them in B team on the registration deadline day and then manually registering them. Then just promote them to A team and voila - you can play them. There is one problem, however. If they play more than 10 games for A team, they can't play any more for B team. So try not to give them too much playing time before January...

I reckon they'll improve more if loaned out to a team of higher division, why don't you try loaning them out instead make sure they're wanted for 'valuable first team' something instead of 'act as cover' .

Looks like your Castilla squad should be playing in the Champions League too. A team with Khedira, Muniain, Leon, Sissoko, Fazio, Drenthe and Canales would compete in most top divisions.

hi i was thinking of startin a save with real madrid but i just cant get the motivation because they are too easy ?? what motivates you ??

Got great deals I couldn't refuse - Suarez, Alexis Sanchez and Neymar. I was an ******* and bought them - it was either me or Barca, and I reckon it's better for me to have too big a squad than for Barca to have quality backups. Those decisions will hopefully make a difference as soon as Messi/Iniesta/Villa/Xavi get injured, because their squad is pretty thin.
8 games in, Suarez already proved himself as a great investment (3 goals in 2 games) as Di Maria got injured, Sanchez didn't gel that quickly though... Neymar will come in January.

Castilla is a great team, yes... But don't forget that a lot of players in it are still young (all are under 25, many are U23), so their results aren't stable. In a few years they could (if they were able to move to Primera) challenge for a European place. I tried loaning the players to other teams, but either nobody was interested, or the teams were in lower division, so I think I made the right choice by leaving them in my team.

My motivation for playing with Real is that they are my favorite team. Also, whenever I played with somebody else, they would get their *** kicked by Barca in La Liga (like in real life) and get knocked out in second round of Champions League (like in real life) by any club. Plus, I usually don't play more than three seasons as my computer is slow and I don't have too much time, so I like to play in top division with top clubs (to play Champions League).

Your Real Madrid you don't need to buy anyone especially with that team. At least you are keeping up with the real time and spend over 100 million a year. Only thing I would say is to work on the facilities unless they are the best already. I am playing in the Spanish League and Real Madrid doesn't really buy people anymore (in 2019) and I think in the last five years maybe bought 2 guys for 30 million each. They do however been getting top regens which is why they don't have to spend money. Although I been buying most cause their team is stacked and most of the younger guys aren't getting playing time so I snatched them up.

My plans for the next few years - sell Kaka, Albiol, Garay, Vukojevic, Arbeloa, Lassana Diarra and Pedro Leon after at least one or at most three seasons.

Man, Dont sell him, hes ******* awesome, retrain him to AMR or AML if you dont have room for him.

But your squad looks good, tho I dont like your DM department. Buy a new DM with quality (Essien :D) or Fellaini from Everton

And then sell Benzema.

Back