glennspb

Reaction score
Hi managing Real Madrid currently and not having the best if seasons ( yes I know with Real Madrid this makes me terrible at fm) haha! But can't seem to get the best out of the players you would expect to be performing ie ronaldo bale Isco and benzema also signed suarez. My defence has been shocking that's the worst performing part of the time so much mistakes being made. Any help is appreciated :)

Gk- Casillas
Cb Ramos Cb Varane.
Rwb- Carvajal. Lwb-Marcelo
DM- illaramendi
Cm- Alonso. CM- Modric
Rw- Bale Lw- Ronaldo
CF- Suarez

This is the formation I currently play

I play 4-2-3-1 usually. It is hit or miss. At home they play well. Away, they use the maywin system. They may win or they may not win.

AF (a) Benzema / Morata
IF Ronaldo (a) / Jese AP (S) Isco / Modric / Jese W (a) Bale / Di Maria / Jese
CM (D) Khedira / Romero CM (D) Bender / Illarramendi
FB (a) Marcelo / Coentrao CB - (D) Vearne / Hummels CB - (D) Ramos / Pepe FB (a) Carajval / Alberoa
GK - Casillas

I don't have much play time, so I am only 15 games into the 2nd year. My first year, I won the league by 5 points. I lost in the Spanish Cup to Espanyol because my defense was chasing butterflies. I lost in the semi final for the Champions League to Barcelona because the entire team smoked crack the night before.
This year I am 11-2-2 and in 2nd place to Barcelona by 4 points. Real Sociadad is chasing me by 2 points. I am strong at home and very weak away. I play attack at home and control away. I always do retain possession, short passing, work ball into the box, low tempo. I set defense to my interpretation of their offensive speed and passing. I sometimes leave tempo to default if I believe I am faster and they have poor marking. In away games I usually set defense to deep or drop deeper depending on how their offense is. I know I have two attacking wings instead of supporters and 2 attacking fullbacks. But, for some reason, it seems my full backs are in place to receive over laps.
My main issue, is Ronaldo is a one man army that believes he is the only one on the field. It doesn?t matter if his instructions are shoot less often and Benzema is wide open doing cart wheels and shooting flares into the air......ole Ronaldo is gonna take the ball from half field to the box and take a 30 yard shot regardless. Granted, he scored 30 goals my first season, but this season he is lacking.
in the end, I like my tactics. They may need some work, but try it out and let me know how you feel.

Last edited:
Ok mate thanks for the reply :) and a bit of advice exactly what I needed will try it out