TheRyanFM

Reaction score
Barcelona Football

View attachment 331095View attachment 331093View attachment 331092
View attachment 331091

Here I have created a tactic based off the way that Barcelona play in real life - "tiki-taka". The main aim is to retain possession and get good results and I can tell you that has worked!

We have a 2-3-2-2-1 base layout but it is basically a 4-3-3. We have a Sweeper Keeper as Barcelona do in real life. We have 2 ball playing defenders to generate counter-attacks from the back with the high speed play. We have the 2 wing backs set on automatic - I think most teams play like this in real as this means that he's duty will basically differ depending on whether the team are attacking, defending or pressing etc, for example if we are on the attack he would be on a Attack duty but if we are defending he would most probably be on the defend duty. We then have a half-back in between the 2 wing backs, he basically acts as a center back when the wing backs push up and usually forms a back 3 with the center backs - you could say he is the sweeper of the midfield. We then have 2 play makers, 1 advanced and one deep-lying. These 2 will be the players playing the decisive balls through to the wingers or the center forward. They are both set on support. The 2 wide men are set as Inside Forwards as that works well with the False Nine up top who will be dropping deeper and moving into the channels opening up space for the Inside Forwards to cut in!

Results
View attachment 331090View attachment 331089View attachment 331088View attachment 331087View attachment 331086View attachment 331085View attachment 331081View attachment 331080

View attachment 331079

Last edited:
The automatic duty doesn't change unless you change the mentality of your team. It's not about if your team is going for attack or defending.

Wow, great possession stats :O. Just kidding. In FM15 it's too hard to get +60% by now.

it's meant to be a possession tactic, but you're getting out possessed at home to inferior teams, and you've conceded over 40 goals as barcelona

can you delete this thread or can a mod, this is a troll

it's meant to be a possession tactic, but you're getting out possessed at home to inferior teams, and you've conceded over 40 goals as barcelona

can you delete this thread or can a mod, this is a troll
What is your problem? This tactic is nice. Have you done anything close to that? I guess not.

The issue isn't about being a good or a bad tactic, it might be even awesome (although it's Barcelona, almost any tactic would be awesome with those players). The issue is about being a possession based tactic.

What is your problem? This tactic is nice. Have you done anything close to that? I guess not.

i have no problem, he's advertising a possession tactic with the best/tied best team in the league, while losing in possession at home/barely scraping ahead in possession, while conceding OVER 40 goals and only getting around 90 points

you could do better with a default tactic with no instructions

why are you saying it's nice when based on statistics and the fact he's posted himself contradicts what it's meant to be

if i serve you an apple at a restaurant and you asked for an orange do you say yes this is nice

people on this forum wow...

***** .. I don't usually diss tactics but 91 points with Barca with over 40 goals conceeded is a joke. Adn youre not even having the possesion you claim

I can make a tactic and post on here without here without even testing and i gurantee it'll do better than this so long as its Barca

Do you think you can make a better possession tactic? Just show it. I'd like to see.

Good effort TheRyanFM, but i think yo uneed to tick "work ball into box" and "Play out of defence".
The general idea seems to be alright, but the possession just is not present :/
Im sure it will pan out alright once the tinkering is done.

I've removed Possession from the title due to the high number of complaints!

Possession football is literally impossible in this FM it seems. I did all the right things that have worked in previous FMs, yet I'm only averaging around 57% or so possession.

It's not impossible, but it its not as simple as 1-2-3.
I have had 72% possession in a league game to half time, and capped out on around 65% without even trying to aim for it.

I have also in same save had 38% to halftime and been in need of a hairdryer.

We should not slaughter peoples efforts for trying to recreate something they enjoy, and although it may not be optimale, or even how others see it, it gives no right to be insulting. Remember there is a humanbeeing behind the screen, and try to keep the criticism constructive.

We all enjoy this game, and we want to have fun and when we share things we have put our own effort into, it is realy hurtfull to get told that basickly we are useless and not worthy to play this game.

Think about that before you post feedback to people.

Last edited:
It's not impossible, but it its not as simple as 1-2-3.
I have had 72% possession in a league game to half time, and capped out on around 65% without even trying to aim for it.

I have also in same save had 38% to halftime and been in need of a hairdryer.

We should not slaughter peoples efforts for trying to recreate something they enjoy, and although it may not be optimale, or even how otehrs see it, it gives no right to be insulting. Remember there is a human beeing behind the screen, and try to keep the criticism constructive.

We all enjoy this game, and we want to have fun and when we share things we have put our own effort into, it is realy hurtfull to get told that basickly we are useless and not worthy to play this game.

Think about that before you psot feedback to people.
cheers man!

its not a very good tactic.......... Barcelona isnt a good save. ive got his stats and goals with ebbsfleet first season now thats a real save...