bheyes

Reaction score
With every fm my main save will be Liverpool , as it's the team I support. However during fm14 I would always qualify for champions league first team round but would never be able to attract top players, I'm not saying that I should be able to sign messi or Ronaldo but the best player available would be Sandro or konoplyanka. During the summer Vidal and Cavani were open to a move to Liverpool because of champions league football so I don't understand why it takes me 3/4 years to sign them in fm, anyone else had this problem with their saves???

Even though you qualified for the Champions League, your reputation still hasn't been boosted enough in-game to make your club attractive to those players. :/

Ye good point, hopefully that won't be much of an issue due to already being in the champions league

The issue isnt the team, its the rep of the 'new player' ie u.

Cavani etc will move to liverpool to play for Rodgers in the champs league, not 'Player 1' in his first week.

Liverpool still had difficulties this summer getting the kind of players you are talking about - in real life their reputation still wasn't high enough to compete at the absolute top of the market.

wouldn't say we had difficulties as such but I see where you are coming from, Sanchez chose Arsenal because his wife wanted to live in London, Vidal was open to the move and Cavani agent said he was interested in a move to Anfield but ye I do agree with you in a way as Falcao chose Man Utd over us and no big move ever happened.

Sanchez chose Arsenal because his wife wanted to live in London, Vidal was open to the move and Cavani agent said he was interested in a move to Anfield

No idea where you get your information mate, Vidal and Cavani to LFC was never a serious option, this was never close to happening, and Alexis quite obviously rejected your club.
LFC were desperate to sign a class player to replace Suarez all summer, they obviously had the funds, but they didn't get it because no world class player was interested in a move there.
Seeing someone like Vidal sign for Liverpool this summer would have been completely unrealistic. You can bet if someone like that was available Liverpool would have been all over him.
So FM definitely got this one spot on.

Last edited:
Last year playing Fm14, after 3 seasons and 3 champion leagues in the pocket i couldn't get a regen from Braga....

I offered to the team 20 M € for them to accept the deal but he didn't want to come to the 4 times in a row European Champion, but he did move to Valencia for 10 M €... After that, he was immediately interested in joining my team and i bought him for 35 M €.

Realistic? yeah, sure

Last year playing Fm14, after 3 seasons and 3 champion leagues in the pocket i couldn't get a regen from Braga....

I offered to the team 20 M € for them to accept the deal but he didn't want to come to the 4 times in a row European Champion, but he did move to Valencia for 10 M €... After that, he was immediately interested in joining my team and i bought him for 35 M €.

Realistic? yeah, sure

This might be unrealistic, but there could be reasons. Maybe they role you offered him in your team wasn't big enough? Wages?