Realisticly Managing Arsenal in FM

• Thread starter Thread starter Logorex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3K

Logorex

Reaction score
I came up with this idea after the summer, while I was raging about how ridiculously stupid the Arsenal board is. So, basically, what you do is that each summer transfer window, you sell your captain and your best (or next best) player. If there are any players with a year of contract left, sell them either in the summer or in January. Replace these players with promising youth. Also, you never spend more than you make during the windows.

Any feedback/suggestions/additions? I suddenly want to try this. xD

Your team will never settle together and you'll struggle to offload your captain and best player every time.
You can only do this for so long anyway before you're selling and replacing a load of 18-21 year olds from your first team, at which point you'll more than likely end up falling down the league and getting sacked.
Good luck though.

Your team will never settle together and you'll struggle to offload your captain and best player every time.
You can only do this for so long anyway before you're selling and replacing a load of 18-21 year olds from your first team, at which point you'll more than likely end up falling down the league and getting sacked.
Good luck though.

Yep, I know. I guess I'd probably have to bring older players on loan, like we did with Benayoun.

Would make an interesting challenge!

More like you should sell any players that other teams are heavily interested in.

Would make an interesting challenge!

More like you should sell any players that other teams are heavily interested in.

HAHA, I totally forgot about that!
I'd have to sell any player that Manchester City or Barcelona want. xD

In the meantime, should I do a story on it? Because that would be pretty fun. :3

...and I just noticed I mispelled "realistically"...I really need to stop doing all-night FM sessions...

Last edited:
In the meantime, should I do a story on it? Because that would be pretty fun. :3

...and I just noticed I mispelled "realistically"...I really need to stop doing all-night FM sessions...

yeah definitely.. try it would be a really good challenge.. its different from the other challenges n doing a story would be nice..

yeah definitely.. try it would be a really good challenge.. its different from the other challenges n doing a story would be nice..

LOL yeah, it WOULD be a difficult and different challenge...I'll have to start drafting my story and everything.
Good Lord, I'm pretty sure that sack is going to fall on me like a brick though...

LOL yeah, it WOULD be a difficult and different challenge...I'll have to start drafting my story and everything.
Good Lord, I'm pretty sure that sack is going to fall on me like a brick though...

I think its a good idea haha. Sounds like a good challenge. Go for it and link us to the story when you've started it! Call it 'The Arsenal Way'.

I think its a good idea haha. Sounds like a good challenge. Go for it and link us to the story when you've started it! Call it 'The Arsenal Way'.

Haha, thanks! :D
I just have to figure out a manager name, and I'll be set. Think of it for me, please? :P

Back