Reality TV's Rob Lloyd 'making all the running' to buy Portsmouth

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

Max

Reaction score
I just saw this on Sky Sports News with an interview with Rob Lloyd leading a US-backed consortium wanting to buy Portsmouth.

If this happens it would be good, as Lloyd's consortium will probably keep us afloat then for a lot longer than we will at the moment with Chanrai (current owner but wants to sell).

If this happens soon (although takeovers never do usually with us apart from Al Faraj) then we might be able to keep loan players like Yebda, Piquionne, Dindane (he's ****.), O'Hara etc for the FA Cup games and until the end of the season.

The 9 point deduction will apparently happen tomorrow so we're definitely down but if this takeover happens we might be able to get some sort of financial security and be able to buy some players and keep some aswell to try and have a good season in the Championship. If Avram Grant stays and we are financially secure I reckon we could finish top half/mid table and then push on for the next season.

May I highlight this is not just rumours, as he was interviewed and confirmed he was interested, and had an meeting with a Portsmouth fans trust.

Your thoughts?

Link - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/14/portsmouth-business

Last edited:
This would be a good move for Pompey.

Now, if next season they can keep the likes of Diop and Kanu, they can have a decent season. They need to finish at least 10th next season and they should be able to attract decent players (You can have some of our's ;)) I think we will see Pompey in the Premier League in a few years. However, I expect to see James, Belhadj, Utaka, Ben-Haim, Boateng and Wilson leave, so it will be a tough season for you. Good luck. :D

Also, love to see a Pompey team a bit like this next year: (R to L)

Niemi
Finnan
Rocha
Riggott
Kadar
Smith
Brown
Mulumbu
Routledge
Kanu
Bednar

Last edited:
This would be a good move for Pompey.

Now, if next season they can keep the likes of Diop and Kanu, they can have a decent season. They need to finish at least 10th next season and they should be able to attract decent players (You can have some of our's ;)) I think we will see Pompey in the Premier League in a few years. However, I expect to see James, Belhadj, Utaka, Ben-Haim, Boateng and Wilson leave, so it will be a tough season for you. Good luck. :D

Also, love to see a Pompey team a bit like this next year: (R to L)

Niemi
Finnan
Rocha
Riggott
Kadar
Smith
Brown
Mulumbu
Routledge
Kanu
Bednar
Doubt James will leave as he has already said he wants to renew his contract and will take a pay cut, and not sure about Wilson, don't know if anyone would really want him tbh.

& Yeah that team is alright but I don't know how we'll manage to get Mulumbu or Bednar or Routledge as that will cost money :P

It was only a quick look on FM. :D I think we'll sign Wilson for some reason. I hope James does stay and if he does he will be the best keeper in that league by a mile. I would happily give you Routledge on a free, I don't rate him personally. XD

It was only a quick look on FM. :D I think we'll sign Wilson for some reason. I hope James does stay and if he does he will be the best keeper in that league by a mile. I would happily give you Routledge on a free, I don't rate him personally. XD
If you do sign Wilson, I only think you would if you were in the Championship, as he really isn't up to it in the Prem from what I've seen.

Have you seen Hughton's signings. XD I really hope Pompey come back up. Everyone knows they are a Premier League team at heart. It will take 2 or 3 years though. :'(

Back