Really good team playing badly?

• Thread starter Thread starter xelliotx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

xelliotx

Reaction score
This is my team in the championship, and really I should be walking it to be honest, but we're lacking consistency. I need some set tactics/training that will help me destroy this league, anyone got any tips? So yeah here's my tactics, team and team instructions, I never have any training, I've never touched it incase I botched it up

View attachment 246089View attachment 246090View attachment 246091

I think that this squad isnt that amazing. But yes you should be better than tenth. Whats ur fixture list and team report. Try looking at the scout report for each player and setting them with the perfect position role. Also you might want to not play with passing on shorter.

Also, if a player is playing badly have a private chat with him, if it continues drop him. No mater who he is.

I think ur doing fine, the championship is a unpredictable league and i often find that u can suddenly lose a game for no reason. If you seriosly feel like you want to change somthing id advise that you buy a really good dc and mc. Possibly look to get a AMC and play a 4-1-3-2 tactic. I think ur doing fine.
Sorry about the picture, ignore it

Just thumped brighton 4 - 0 haha, do you have any suggestions for training or should I just leave it?

The Championship is one of the hardest leagues to get out of, so I wouldn't worry too much. A fast poacher and a top goalkeeper will get you further than you'd believe in that league. If you've been using the same tactic for some time then tweak it or just make a whole new formation and tactic, always works for me.

i agree, the championship is extremely tight. have a team meeting, and change tactics around a little, play to your strengths...

Just from looking at your screens there's a few things that jump right out at me that will definitely aid inconsistancy. But if you're on a winning streak, don't fix what ain't broke. :D however...

1) They seem very tired, my players are never that low condition even after a game, might want to rotate a bit more. Anything below 90% will lead to not so great performances.
2) There's a few players that seem to be lacking form too, the Full Backs especially seem to be playing poorly, I'd think about tweaking their tactics. Your CF isn't looking too hot either, personally in a league as tough as that I'd want to pack the midfield to maintain possession, maybe think about dropping the CF to a CM position maybe as a Box-to-Box midfielder, leave the lone striker as a poacher and let the rest of the team provide for him.
3) Stop playing short passing with a higher tempo, I think I'm right in saying you are 1 below it changing to Quick, leave it at exactly half and change the players individually, I'd aim to have one ball playing CB (mixed) and the other CB normal (short) the rest of the squad minus maybe the Poacher I'd have as mixed.
4) I've never really managed to work an offside trap with stand off, it invites them to push you back enough to break the line with a through ball. If you're packing the midfield you can afford to press more as the mass of players covers itself, I'd keep them sticking to position though, use zonal marking and you'll find you'll keep the ball better and create more chances.

I will hasten to add though that this is guess work, since I don't know any of the players best positions or roles, that's your first stop. Don't choose a formation and fit your players into it, just pick your best 11 and then place them where they WANT to play, I've got a formation running with only 1 right sided player, playing him in the WB position with Attack duty, on the left I have a FB and a Winger. It works, well, his average rating being 8.7. It's your team, tweak your tactics slowly, making loads of changes at once might fix something but cause other issues.

Good luck. And remember that changes take time, so don't expect overnight changes. Use the rest of this season to trial new tactics and go for the promotion next season.

Back