Rebuilding Blackpool Second Season - Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Gu3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

Gu3

Reaction score
Hi guys after a pretty decent first season (patch 12.2) i got blackpool promoted finishing a point behind brighton and first place (dissapointing) however due to the leagues 5 substitute rule some players refused to sign new contracts for lack of playing time and 19 players are due to leave the club at the end of the season, so ive got 17 million to spend before the new budget in july (expected to be 20 million) so almost 40 million in total but basically i need a new squad. this is what i'm left with after players leave.

GK: Gilks
DR: Eardley, Baptiste
DL: Crainey
DC: Hobbs, Cathcart, Evatt, Basham
MR: Phillips, Grandin
MC: Jali, Ferguson, Basham
ML: Ince
St : Vellios, Taylor-Fletcher

i have already made some signings, but they can still be cancelled
J. Spearing (1.5 million)
Y. Sanogo (Free)

I play a 4-2-2-2 approach with two wingers, definitely needed are: Backup GK, LB, two Cm's AMR, AML and at least one ST

i have in mind: M.Bunn (T.Listed), J.Mattock (T.Listed), T.Cairney, A.LLalana(sp), A.Townsend (Loan), J.McClean (T.listed), and G.Hooper. are these good signings for the premiership this early on ??

any advice is welcome

Highlighted Player not up to scratch

GK: Gilks;
DR: Eardley, Baptiste
DL: Crainey
DC: Hobbs, Cathcart, Evatt, Basham
MR: Phillips, Grandin
MC: Jali, Ferguson, Basham
ML: Ince
St : Vellios, Taylor-Fletcher

Backup GK, LB, two Cm's AMR, AML and at least one ST

For the prem, i think a bit of improvement all over if you are trying to survive.

GK:- Kasper Schmiechel and but Gilks as back-up
LB:- Ryan Bertrand / Jack Robinson (loan to buy on 12months - this means you can sign him with next years budget)
MC:- Zakaria Labyad; Kara(DC/DM/MC); Ruben Yttergard Jenssen
AMR:- Alex Teixeira
AML:- not sure,
ST: Sanogo (good signing, but his progress has been inconsistent on my saves) ; Carlos Fierro; Darwin Quintero (poacher WILL HELP MASSIVELY)

Loaning Sturridge or Welbeck would be good for you, both are capable of scoring alot
Try get someone like Shelvey, he would be pretty awesome for you

Kino4city: Jack Robinson is a good shout had him on loan first season, is he good enough to keep me in the prem tho ? jenssen and kara are both at udinese and out of my price range, i'll try alex teixeira and labyad and the two strikers, i play a deep lying forward with a poacher if you can recommend any decent DLF's ?

Liverpool6792 - West Ham beat me to shelvey but i'll try the two strikers thanks for the advice

Back