Receiving goals

• Thread starter Thread starter Bukmeikara
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1K

Bukmeikara

Reaction score
Hello guys I have a major problem which is driving me crazy and I am very close from loosing my laptop.

I play with for Everton and being in the 3rd season I hadnt got a clean net since the first part of the first season. EVery match I receive from a corner or freak kick or a trow in. In order to win a match I need score like 3-4 goals minimim which is unreal. My defense is full with english national players which makes it even more unrealistick. Please help before I lose it........

How do you want help?

Post up your tactic to start with. How good is your Everton team right now? Top 4 contender?

4-2-3-1

Baines - Shawcross/Jagielka - Everton youngster Stood or Stoon forgot the name - Coleman/wonder kid from southampton
As a DM or CM ball winning midfielder - Gibson, bosnian guy, Feillani, Barry

In instructions I tried everything - limited defenders, stay deep, tackling hard, slow tempo and everytime the opposite team has like 20-30 shots in 95% of the cases. Last match I played at home against the last in the table Bournemoute and they equalise me from 3-1 after the 80 minute with me being with a defensive aproach. For the last three seasons I have like 6-7 matches ended 3-3 and some even 4-4 not to mention the losses with 4-6 5-6. Crossing at the near post is like penalty in every match, last year I scored 80 goals and received 115-120.

Even if I messed up everything up its not normal for team as Everton to receive an average three goals with no clean sheat in 60 games. If this is just the game engine than its a massive letdown from the game.

Can you post your actual tactic? Mentality, fluidity, Team instructions, roles and duties? This is basic, basic info that is needed for anyone to give you advice.

So is your issue only with giving late goals away? You should really mention exactly what the issues are. You're the one watching the games, not anyone else.

Mentality - standart and some times in control against the smaller teams.
FLuidity - I rarely touched it

In my situation the tactic doesnt mather really because its nothing unusual and cant explain the stats. Here are my problems:
1. The opposite teams almost always have a decent chance in the first two minutes. I received goal in the 2nd minute in the last 3 of 10 matches
2. I receive an average one goal from corner per match in the last three seasons!!! Crossing at the near post and the ***** from my edn start. Cant find from were I can give instructions about the corners, I remember that at the old versions you could have but still wingbacks should be at the post and everytime Baines or Colman just do nothing there, no fight, no defense
3. The opposite team always have at least 20 shots against my goal even playing at home against huge underdogs.
4. I lost a two goal lead at least 5 times not to mention how manny times the other team recovered one goal and went to miss manny more chances, this last scenario happen at least 10 times.

All the upper mentioned things are so unrealistic that in my eyes they cant be explained without a huge game bug. So I am searching for a fix here not a different tactic. If it happens to be that the problem is in me and my tactic than please tell me so I can delete the game for good.

It's all very likely to be down to poor tactics and a poor corner setup. Without specifics, I can't help much.

You also need to remember that the AI won't just roll over for you, even at 2 goals down. They will at some point try to get back into the game, as anyone would. If you don't see it or anticipate it and your tactic and players can't cope, it's not the game's fault.

The AI has the same tools you do. You're supposed to have the upper hand when it comes to brain power and the ME can't distinguish human from AI, so you can improve the situation you have have.

WJ

Do you really thing that your snobbish answers are helping? I am telling you that the opposite team always have a scoring oppurtunity within the first two minutes of the match, how can any tactic stop this? I dont expect that the AI roll over to me but surely I dont expect either to fight his way back every single time from being two/three goals down. One time/two times/three times ....this happens in every match. I am not some criminal mastermind in this game but I am playing since 2003 and never ever I have seen something like this. From FM 05 to 13 there is not a single tactic(a normal one) which would allow you to receive three goals per average for 3 seasons with any league team not to mention of the caliber of Everton.

WJ, please do not answer me back

Last edited:
So what then? A bug? Where the AI always scores within 2 minutes? Do you not think that if this bug existed, it would happen to more people than just you and all the internets would have melted from all the complaints by now? ;)

It could be tactical. It could be tactical and motivational. No idea, because you're not giving specific information.

No need to bring up older FMs. It has nothing to do with this one. You may have been able to get away with certain things while possibly doing something fundamentally wrong, but the newer version has caught up and you're seeing the effects. Again, I/we need specific details.

Please provide the information I asked for so that someone can advise.

Last edited:
Just seen your edit. I'm perfectly willing to help, as you asked for in the OP, but you need to supply info to get us started.

Mentality - standart and some times in control against the smaller teams.
FLuidity - I rarely touched it

In my situation the tactic doesnt mather really because its nothing unusual and cant explain the stats. Here are my problems:
1. The opposite teams almost always have a decent chance in the first two minutes. I received goal in the 2nd minute in the last 3 of 10 matches
2. I receive an average one goal from corner per match in the last three seasons!!! Crossing at the near post and the ***** from my edn start. Cant find from were I can give instructions about the corners, I remember that at the old versions you could have but still wingbacks should be at the post and everytime Baines or Colman just do nothing there, no fight, no defense
3. The opposite team always have at least 20 shots against my goal even playing at home against huge underdogs.
4. I lost a two goal lead at least 5 times not to mention how manny times the other team recovered one goal and went to miss manny more chances, this last scenario happen at least 10 times.

All the upper mentioned things are so unrealistic that in my eyes they cant be explained without a huge game bug. So I am searching for a fix here not a different tactic. If it happens to be that the problem is in me and my tactic than please tell me so I can delete the game for good.

By the sounds of it, your corner tactics are nothing short of appalling, and your main tactic is not much better.

1. If, as you claim, teams are running through you and scoring after 2 minutes, then you need to go more defensive.How is this not obvious! Perhaps you should also look into retaining possession, and starting games more cautiously.

2: Sort your corner tactics out. If you can't find where the instructions are, asking politely would better serve you than ranting at someone.

3. Be more defensive. Even a sh*t team can beat a big team if they don't defend properly. Just look at this weekend's FA Cup results for example. City and Chelsea were poor defensively; got punished.

4. All out attacking for 90 minutes won't help you. As WJ mentions, the AI doesn't roll over. Perhaps you need to consider being more cautious once you have reached a possibly secure position, rather than continuing to attack and being punished.

Rather than crying "bug", and suggesting that you are infallable, how about you listen to some of the people best placed to help you. If it was a "bug", as you suggest, then I would expect that I would have the same problem, and that many others would also.

Edit: And before you mention again that it is Everton, and that they have a good defence, that means b*gger all. Just look at how they are doing IRL.

Edit (Again): Of course, without a proper screenshot of your tactics, and your instructions, it is very difficult for anybody to actually help, if that is what you are looking for.

Last edited:
WJ
From FM 05 to 13 there is not a single tactic(a normal one) which would allow you to receive three goals per average for 3 seasons with any league team not to mention of the caliber of Everton.

I would disagree. Previously the source of potential frustration was assigning manual man marking jobs to for instance centre backs, as that typically meant majorly wrecking your defensive shape as the backs would be dragged out of position and the line and follow their men. This is still in the game, it's just labeled differently ever since 2014 IIRC. It's the specific marking option in the player instructions. Nobody stops anyone from making their anchor man mark the opposing keeper, which he will happily do, but naturally that will have a couple of defensive ramifications...

There is one curious overhaul in between the last iterations though, and that is how duties operate for attacking positions. The typical 4-2-3-1 formation is also affected. The wide attacking attacking players won't as aggressively defend and track back on an attack duty. The central attacking players that is central attacking midfielders and the forward/s in front of them won't track back AT ALL when given an attack duty though. To put that more starkly, depending on the duties you assign to you will have half a team that doesn't defend for toffee. From my experience already having the attacking centre mid and the forward at once in the 4-2-3-1 on attack duty can place a burden on the central midfielders behind them. Set up a team in such a way, assign lots of attack duties, go for the elevated 3d cam or 2d view and you'll see. Those would be the first two things I'd check, as this record sounds truly outrageous and STRONGLY hints at either of the two being the case.

Last edited:
Back