• Thread starter Thread starter Chubzy33
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

Chubzy33

Reaction score
Redknapp set for early retirement

harry-redknapp-football-news1.jpg

Daniel Levy announced earlier that after a checkup Redknapp has been considered "Unfit" to return to such a high risk job. Last year he went under the knife to unblock his coronary arteries, since he returned he has appeared healthier than ever but after going for a checkup to see how he is coping with the effects of the surgery a small problem showed up. After the problem was checked out by his doctor it was confirmed that his health could be at a serious risk if he decided to continue managing his beloved Tottenham Hotspur.

This left him with a very tough decision, which lead to a immediate meeting between him and owner Daniel Levy about his and the clubs future. After a 2hour meeting it was decided that Harry and the club would be parting ways by mutual consent, this is what he had to say.

Harry Redknapp said:
It's a tought decision for me, but as anyone would there health must come first. I've offered to give Daniel a list of people who i feel could benefit the team. I shall be making sure i keep up with the teams progress over the year and really would like to hope them all the best.

So the question is who will replace Harry Redknapp as Spurs manager? Most people on our online poll believe it should be a return for Martin Jol. The betting odds for the position is now below, we have Martin Jol as favourite at 4/1. Who do you guys think will be taking the vacant role?

Martin Jol - 4/1
Fabio Capello - 6/1
Rafael Benitez - 13/1
Jurgen Klinsmann - 27/1
Gus Poyet - 40/1

Last edited:
Good opening post. Just a small note though.. In order to reclaim North London , you would of had to have had North London before and lets face it, North London has always been red ;)

Keep up the good work.

Spurs to unveil new manager

1484832_full-lnd.jpg

Just a few minutes ago Spurs owner Daniel Levy announced who the new manager would be. After all the speculation it was a huge surprise to see that Jurgen Klinsmann would be taking control of the team. The former frontman made an emotional return as he told of how he had been waiting for a chance to manage the team he fell in love with back in 1994. When asked about his plans for the team he simply laughed and tapped his nose. Before raping up the conference he also made a note that he would not be speaking to the media very often, claiming he doesn't enjoy there "deceiving qualities".

-------------------------------

Squad Report

The first thing any manager must do is delve into each area of the squad and look at the key players for each team. We have put together a very simple version of what it could very well be like. We've also marked out a few targets who the club should aim to buy.

Goalkeepers
1_gomes.jpg

Key Player: Gomes
Youngster: N/A
He is undoubtedly a great shot stopper but his main problem is in his "Craziness" when it comes to certain decisions. If he could cut it out then he could be one of the strongest in the premiership. However i still feel he has enough to lead Spurs, this season at least.
Transfer Target: Rene Adler

Defenders
20_dawson.jpg

Key Player: Michael Dawson
Youngster: Kyle Walker
Only 4 Apps for England is a huge suprise for a player who is so comfortable in his role, he can pick a pass to. If he can reduce the injuries that have begun to plague his time, he could be able to become an England regular. Will be kept as Spurs captain i would be surprised if he doesn't.
Transfer Target: Jan Vertonghen

Midfield
14_modric.jpg

Key Player: Luka Modric
Youngster: Gareth Bale
The Croatian Scholes as many are beginning to call him, he came to the premiership very weak and looked set to flop. But in recent years he has began to flourish as the main playmaker in a well organised unit. He and Sandro formed a formidable partnership last year and i expect that to continue.
Transfer Target: None

Forward
18_defoe.jpg

Key Player: Jermain Defoe
Youngster: Harry Kane
He's found playing time hard to come by in recent years often finding himself fall behind the likes of Robbie Keane, Peter Crouch and Roman Pavylchenko. If Klingsmann can get this lad some playing time we will once again see why he is one of England most deadly finishers.
Transfer Target: Alvaro Negredo

Overall squad summary: This is a well oiled team who are ready to start pushing for a Champions League place season in and out. Very few weak links, but some area's could be strengthened and a few pieces of deadwood shipped out. If Klingsmann can manage to unite the players and keep them performing the way they were under Redknapp they will be title challengers in 2 years.

Good start mate. Tottenham are an interesting team to manage. Got a good budget too.

Good start mate. Tottenham are an interesting team to manage. Got a good budget too.

Cheers man, i always love being Spurs, find they have a good bit of room to rebuild the team aswell.

@Seano It was even if you were still in Woolwich. ;)

Van Der Vaart "I want out"

2010_7_27-2010_7_27_0_33_0-jpg-18687.jpg

Earlier today Dutch attacking midfield Rafael Van Der Vaart openly admitted he wished to leave the North London club after a breakdown in communications between his role under new manager Jurgen Jlinsmann. The confrontation was said to have happened after a meeting between the two about Rafael's role at the club, it is believed that he had taken offence to being told he wouldn't be playing in his first choice position, playing just off the striker. It didn't take long for Van Der Vaart to make his feelings public knowledge as withing 15minutes of the incident he tweeted his feelings so all of his 482,000 followers could see. The club are yet to release a statement.

@Rafvdvaart said:
Can't believe what just happened, just been told i wont get much playing time because we wont be using a CAM this year. Might be time to move on, sadly.

In a humorous approach Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie replied suggest he moves across the road to Spurs arch rivals.

@Persie_Official said:
@Rafvdvaartwell we could use a new midfielder ;)

-------------------------

Klinsmann opens the checkbook early

SetWidth615-Sigurdsson3.jpg

It has taken Jurgen Klinsmann only a few days to make his first signing as Spurs boss. It comes 72 hours after he was appointed as manager. Earlier today he wrapped up a deal which brought young Icelandic midfielder
Gylfi Sigurdsson on a 4 year deal worth £37k per week to the club in a deal worth £11 Million. He was also joined by 23 year old Erik Pieters for £2.1 Million from PSV.
There has already been activity in players leaving the club as Younes Kaboul, Tom Huddlestone and Danny Rose all left the club for talks elsewhere. Roman Pavylchenko, Giovanni Dos Santos and John Bostock are all said to be likely to leave the club before the new season starts. Erick Torres, Jan Vertonghen are said to be in contract talks with the North London club.

Last edited:
Van Der Vaart completes "Ultimate Betrail"

van-der-Vaart_2502657.jpg

It appears that Rafael Van der Vaarts two week **** appears to be over and that he could have the last laugh. Earlier today it was announced that the Dutch midfielder had completed a £17million move to none other than Spurs biggest rival Arsenal. During the press conference Jurgen Klinsmann said he had never seen anything to spiteful before and that he had committed the ultimate betrail to the club who took a chance on him after his nightmare spell at Real Madrid. Rafael however made sure he gave his former employers plenty of praise before taking a swipe at new manager Jurgen Klinsmann over twitter. Jurgen has refused to reply to the comments made.

A few members of the FA have called for Arsenal to sanction the new man with a warning before he has even trained for the first time. The only thing that can come out of this is an even more fiery encounter between the two sides when they meet on the opening day of the season. It will be a great way for either side to kick start there campaign and possible place a huge dent into the morale of there rivals. Spurs will of course be looking to set a marker to show that North London back up for grabs and that last seasons success wasn't a fluke.

-----------------------

Off Topic

Will put up a full pre season review tomorrow, been having some pic trouble so once i get that sorted can start updating once or twice a day.

Back