coxy1234

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 5-4-1 tactic that they could reccomend to me.

Thanks

Please post in the subforum next time
( i Will move this thread there now)

On Topic: what formation would that be?
FB dc dc dc FB ... Wingb dc dc dc wingb..... Using any wingers or à Narrow midfield etc ?

Im looking for 3 cbs two full backs 4 across the middle ( like a normal 442 ) and a lone striker

Im looking for 3 cbs two full backs 4 across the middle ( like a normal 442 ) and a lone striker

I will try to make one, as a challenge :D For what kind of team should it be ? A top team in a lower league, a top team in EPL, a middle team in norway, an underdog in EPL etc ?

I am cambridge united in league 1. Currently i am sitting 6th. My left winger is a main player along with my striker. Thanks

Do you want any screen shots of my team?

Have a look at this one as one version

Its called " Compact & Tight, sitting with men behind the ball defending and also holding possession when having the ball"

The striker is a poacher, deepcoming or complete FC
The wingers are normal wingers
The MCeft is the creative
The MCR is more limited

Normal flat 5

NO PLM or TM

Thank you, i will post back after a couple of games with the results.

Played my first game, away to Scunthorpe United. I used the more attacking variation and won 3-1. Overall the tactic was fairly solid defensively and was very good on the counter attack. The only problem is a lack of possession despite dominating the game ( only 46% ) .

View attachment 253760View attachment 253761View attachment 253762View attachment 253763

Well, thats what that version is about, scoring goals on the counter. It wont get you 55%+ possession . The tight and compact version might though.

I dont think you Will find à tactic using à 541 that gets both high possession and is leathal upfront. Anyway, possession means nothing. The only thing that matters is clear chances and goals and denying the opponent time on the ball/possession in advanced positions

Last edited: