Recommended Scouting Settings for Finding Regen Wonderkids

• Thread starter Thread starter addug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 30K

addug

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As someone who is relatively new to FM as far as manager games goes I'm having some difficulty around scouting regen wonderkids. It might just be that I'm confused about how it actually works, but I'll start my scouts around the regen dates for each nation, with settings of minimum .5 CA and minimum 3.5 PA with a maximum age of 19. I'm getting some good results but for instance in Germany they're all already signed to Bayern, Dortmund etc.

Am I misunderstanding something or is it just a case of buying them off those clubs?

I was under the impression they'd start at lower level clubs, or be free agents to take on trials?

Currently in my first season playing as Liverpool.

Another example in France is a DM/MC aged 14 with PA of 5.0, but already valued at £1.9m. Am I missing soomething or is that just how it works?! How do I get to be the club that gets these wonderkids free/cheap???

Regens generally appear at clubs, as the idea is that these are players who have come through the clubs academy.

lower clubs will also have regens, but due to the clubs poorer reputation, coaches and training facilities, talented regens are less common.

often these players are on youth contracts, even at clubs like bayern, so can be acquired for a small fee (small for a club like Liverpool) and relatively modest wages.

clubs do release regens sometimes, and occasionally these players are pretty talented, so it's important to check regularly.

Another example in France is a DM/MC aged 14 with PA of 5.0, but already valued at £1.9m. Am I missing soomething or is that just how it works?! How do I get to be the club that gets these wonderkids free/cheap???

You have to hope they come through your own clubs academy and appear in your own youth intake.

if you want another clubs player, you have to pay, regardless of age.

Ahh that does make a lot more sense. I think I was just lucky on FM12 that I happened to come across a couple of top quality regens that had been released.

A good trick to finding good regens is to spend time checking out all the international youth squads upon the regen dates for their respective countries. It is time consuming but highly beneficial and a high value is usually a clue to their potential. I am not sure what the regen dates are for fm 2013 but for fm 2012 they were as follows:

26th January:
Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Surinam, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Is.

23rd February:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herz., Cyprus, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Fiji, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Vanuatu

3rd March:
Mexico

8th March:
Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales

13th March:
Austria, England

17th March:
Slovakia

18th March:
Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Indonesia, Italy, Poland, Portugal

19th March:
Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia

25th March:
Holland

28th March:
Serbia, Spain

2nd April:
Argentina, India, South Africa

19th April:
Hong Kong, Uruguay

7th June:
Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela

19th August:
Sweden

27th August:
Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei, Guam, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Northern Mariana, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, U.A.E., Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

2nd September:
Malaysia

14th September:
South Korea

19th September:
Chile

20th September:
Brazil, Ireland

23rd September:
Iceland

25th September:
Finland

28th September:
Colombia, Singapore

3rd October:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé & Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe

8th October:
China, Norway

16th October:
Peru

2nd November:
Belarus

27th December:
U.S.A.

I hope this helps in some way :)

Hi guys,

As someone who is relatively new to FM as far as manager games goes I'm having some difficulty around scouting regen wonderkids. It might just be that I'm confused about how it actually works, but I'll start my scouts around the regen dates for each nation, with settings of minimum .5 CA and minimum 3.5 PA with a maximum age of 19. I'm getting some good results but for instance in Germany they're all already signed to Bayern, Dortmund etc.

Am I misunderstanding something or is it just a case of buying them off those clubs?

I was under the impression they'd start at lower level clubs, or be free agents to take on trials?

Currently in my first season playing as Liverpool.

It's a lot simpler than most people think.

On the day your 'Youth Recruitment Network' announces it's new intake is the day that they spawn.

Step 1 is to cast your scouts far and wide. Make sure your scouting knowledge is as high as possible.

Step 2 and most important is get your scouts assigned to Germany/England/Spain/Italy Under 19's. Any playable nation get a scout in the under 19s. That gets them into your player search ready to be scouted.

Step 3 - on 'Youth Recruitment Network' day, go to player search and filter by key stats. I like to sort by technique as that brings the cream of all positions to the top. Grab about 100-150 in one go and add to scouting pool.

Then a day later you'll have all the good ones scouted. You can easily sign about 5-6 youngsters on 'approach to sign' deals. Good ones with 4.5 to 5 stars for potential.

Back