Recreating Arsenal 'The Invincibles'

Va Va Vooom

Reaction score
G'Day.. I started writing out a boring paragraph about watching Arsenal (im a North west Gooner, BLASPHEMY) V Spuds today and that we only won due to 10men and AVB going defensive..amongst some other utter boring sh!te (for those needing a reference, Jeremy Clarksons books should suffice). I decided (thankfully for you reading to get straight to the point, or somewhere near it)

Arsenal today are (less so this year) referred to as Barce-Lite. We all know that's like hoping for Audrey Hepburn and finding Jordan the next morning.
Honestly, before Fab left I could see us as a Barce-Lite..We didnt press as high or fast enough to win possession back or penetrate enough (oh matron) around the area. But we were great on the eye and won a lot of trophies (Emirates Cup 3 times),fantastic. Now though it seems as though Arsene has reverted to only pressing in our own half 80% of the time, sitting back against Utd/Chel/City/Spuds (teams who can pass faster/play more attacking) and generally an even slower build up play around the area..Void of any intensity dare I suggest.
I fully trust Arsene and will never scream Arsene/Gazidis/The board/Voldermort OUT..rather not win for a few years and then FFP comes in we will compete. They will get it right. (okay so ive been told Im like Oddball ala Kellys Heros,Positive waves baby,but i am not delusional,much)

So for the next few weeks i am going to recreate The Invincibles tactics on this new 'realistic' ME. This thread will have my outcome and frustrations.
Now I am going to actually research the way we played in the seasons leading up to the unbeaten year and of course THE YEAR..I feel that gives me a scope to get the best possible tactic and re-creation (i use this word as its still a ME and will never be exactly life like,get over it) of what was an exceptional season and team.
In fact I intend it to be so good: we will dominate the EPL ,FA CUP and then implode in Europe, beat Inter 5-1,all is saved, We CAN play in europe, only to go out in the quarter finals and blame traveling(K)

Please bear with me as I have a 15month old son, a full time job, and am studying for a degree in sports science..Suffice to say it will take longer for me, than some of you who spend the days watching Asian pXrn and replays of top gear on Dave. 'Joking' aside it may take me a little longer.

Seeing as I am a 'special one'(oO)) I won't be accepting any help except for all that you have to give me and what I should consider. So please offer me your advice. No pointing to Kimi Raikkonens thread(every time I read his name I think its cool Kimi writing from the F1 ****-pit) I've read it ten fold (possession tactic) and The Invincibles never tried to control a game to that extent ala 10,000passes)

Thanks in advance

**** seems i rambled on and contradicted my first paragraph

Va va

Last edited:
I'm sorry, all I saw reading that comment was a whole lot of condescension. Good luck.

First things first I was thinking of either:

Databasing the actual invincibles team and testing the tactics with them seeing as those players were the players that used the tactic

OR

My preferred option of using Arsenal of now. With this option I am fully aware I am missing vital ingredients:
-Defensive Mid - Gilberto (sorry but Arteta isn't a defensive mid in that mould)
-GOD or as he's known to mere mortals, Robert Pires. Whom I believe and from what ive looked at thus far, was more an inside forward.
-A defence :P
-Viera Dynamic Mid, who differentiated from BBM to a Center Mid- Diaby doesn't cut the Mustard here before a thousand sea urchens scream his name to me
Most importantly, The Arsenal of now has alot of Attacking Central Mid's - Wilshire/Cazorla/Arteta/Arshavin(NEVER a winger)

Input would be most appericated

Last edited:
I'm sorry, all I saw reading that comment was a whole lot of condescension. Good luck.

Ahh, are we not allowed a persona on the internet, or do we all have to be dramatically boring? I could have said one sentence of; "Im re-creating The invincibles tactic any thoughts'..which is utter boring. Theres enough depressing **** going on in this world at the moment, so I thought id just try to create a little fun and fun aimed at my stupid/silly persona, hence why i choose this user name. But hey each to their own.

Then, fair enough. I suppose that's acceptable! Plus, I can't stay mad at anyone who wants to recreate the Invincible days.

Then, fair enough. I suppose that's acceptable! Plus, I can't stay mad at anyone who wants to recreate the Invincible days.

Another mighty Gooner!?
I shall try my best, If I can re-create the feeling I had when we went the season un beaten I will be a happy chappy. ( I ran around the garden shouting Henry to Pires to Henry..GOOALLLLL..I was 14!)

Did you get around to creating the might Invicibles tactic? been trying out so many duds, can't find a good tactic and i'm not exactly great at making them (still learning)

Back