Red Redemption - A Nottingham Forest Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Domifrenz97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5K

Domifrenz97

Reaction score
View attachment 244141

Nottingham Forest Manager: Steve Cotterill has resigned after getting on the wrong side of chairman Frank Clark. This comes after a string of rows over the stability of the club ownership.

The club then issued the following statement: 'We are deeply sorry to any fans who are disheartned by Steve's decision. Obviously it was a tough choice and he will be missed by many. We felt that it was the right way for the situation to expire and we must now move on from this major event. We now have the task of appointing someone to fill steve's shoes and take on the role of manager and grasp the club a respectable league position. We can also confirm current talks with former Wolves manager Mick McCarthy are unraveling as we speak although anything outrageous could still happen' - Frank Clark (Nottingham Forest Chairman)

View attachment 244197

There has been a few reactions from some of the clubs players, their thoughts are sampled from Twitter:

View attachment 244301

@Chrisgunter16
- "Farewell Cotty! You will not be forgotten. I hope you find a club that has as much support as this one did" #StillARED

@gmccleary12 - "It was a huge shock when us (the players found out that you were leaving). Still you did us proud and are forever a RED in our hearts" #CottyistheMAN

@lmcgugan10 - "Steve you will be missed but dont ever forget the good times that we had as club. Enjoy your next experience and take a F****** BOW. #FOREVERaRED

@KarlDarlow - "Cotty is a brilliant coach and deserves massive respect. Once a RED. Always a RED" #Respect4Cotty

@dexblackstock23 - "I will miss you not just as a coach but as friend aswell. Enjoy the rest of your managerial career whereever you end up and always remember that you are part of the RED ARMY" #Cotty<3REDS

Last edited:
View attachment 244303

FOREST APPOINT UNHEARD OF BELLAMY

Just four days ago Nottingham Forest sacked ex-Pompey manager Steve Cotterill. But just a matter of moments after his sacking they have already appointed a new coach. But unexpectedly it has turned out not to be the likely hero Mick McCarthy who left Wolves last season. Instead they have chosen to go with unheard of manager Cameron Bellamy. Strangely Bellamy only possesses an amateur footballing background. The new Bristolian Born boss has a huge delge of tasks ahead of him with the club already not far off going into major debt and with such high expectations will he even last that long?

He had a few words to say at the press conference held late on last night:

"I am delighted to be hired, it really is a dream come true for me as i grew up watching the likes of Brian Clough and Stuart Pearce and Kevin Keegan scroing the winner against Hamburg in the Champions League Final: these historic events are those that i shall and the club shall treasure forever. I know that thre will be high expectations and things don't always go to plan but i am confident of at least a mid-table position that is respectable in terms of the fans here at the club. I want to reshape this club from top to bottom and will left off any of our undeserving high earners to reduce the clubs current excessive wage bill. So anyone that i consider to be deadwood will have to leave the club. I want the players to also know that they can come to me for anything: advice, tips or just personal matters. My preference is look towards the future and sign some young talented players. Football is a beautiful game as they say and it should be about fulfiling the entertainment level and that kind of playing style is what i will be encouraging the club to stylize out there on the pitch. It's a new campaign. A new start and it will be a rigid roller coaster of a season if we want to achieve anything majorly special. I would like to enhance the defence and perhaps one or two will have to go. But that's football. I also want to make it clear that Chris Gunter is NOT for sale and i will do everything in my power to ensure that he stays here at the club where he belongs. At this stage i don't think it's right to prioritise one competition as a main focus as every tournament that we participate in will be special for the lads to shine through. Again, i also believe that a large transfer fee doesnt't guarentee you a good player an i am willing to allow some of the youth here at the club to feature in some of my plans for this season where necessary"

Last edited:
TEAM MEETING:

The manager then decided to hold one to one talks to keep it fair for the time being:

Paul Smith: 'Paul i admire your ambition for this club to do well although i believe in recent years your form has declined due to passing your peak in this sport. However i am prepared for you to see out the last year of your contractand if neccessary you may recieve a new deal next summer depending on how your performances pan out this current season'

Lee Camp: 'Lee you have a bright future ahead of you and you have already proved to me why you deserve to be the new no.1 keeper at this club'

Karl Darlow: 'Karl unfortunately, you don't feature in any of my plans for any future seasons and as you have been at this club for over four years now i think it's time for you to move on'

Luke Chambers: 'As the captain of this club i expect you to set the right example and lead this club to sensations that seem unlikely to happen at this time'

Brendan Moloney: 'Look i undrrstand that you have been here a few year now and that you are settled but despite your tenacity and youth potential, i think it's best if you made new plans'

Kieran Freeman: 'I think i'm really going to enjoy watching your development at the club and you have a good future awaiting you if you play to that maximum potential'

Chris Gunter:' Chris again you want this club to do better and i know with your qualities we can achieve so much more. Please consider your future wisely and understand that you would be part of this club MAJORLY'

Joel Lynch: ' I'll reserve my judgment on you until i see you play a competitive league game'

George Boateng: 'With your experience i expect you to anchor that midfield and getthe best out of your colleagues and also set an example to younger players'

Guy Moussi: 'To stay at this club i expect to see some exceptional match performances especially as you are part of this current club's backbone'

Andy Reid: 'You are one **** of a player but on the pitch you just don't always show it. Remember you are a strong willed performer and always play to the best of your ability'

Chris Cohen: 'Like many others you have been here for years now and have never let the supporters down. that is why i am naming you as my Vice-Captain'

Jonathan Greening: 'Another experienced player. You have premier league experience and i expect you to set an example for the younger lads as they could learn a thing or two off of you'

Paul Anderson: 'Paul you have great potential but i just don't see you getting enough playing time while under my realm'

Lewis McGugan: 'You portray a very good player and i hope that reflects in the games that you play in. I am looking forward to our time together'

Radoslaw Majewski: 'Raddy you are an ace out there i've witnessed it before and you seem to have setteld in well. You will certainly be a key first team player'

Gareth McCleary: 'Gareth i admire you as a person and a player, you have pace, balance and trickerey - all the aquired strengths needed to become a good decent winger'

Marlon Harewood: 'Welcome back Marlon, i remember you playing here almost 10 years ago, it may take time for you to settle in once again, but you will be a dominant force some time soon because i see that self confidence and believe inside of you'

Matt Derbyshire: 'with premier league experience you should pose a threat in fron of goal and work as a part of the team, NOT as a one man army. We are a family here and i welcome you to the club'

Ishmael Miller: 'Your hefty transfer fee needs to be repaid by goals-a-plenty , I have faith in you to be a succesful player in your time here'

Dexter Blackstock: 'You are a top dog at times but lack creativity, therefore i want you to adapt to diffrent forward positions and influence the side as much as you can'

Robbie Findley: 'I'm sorry but i don't see you posing any real dominance up front, i admire your qualities but your high wage and your lackluster performances have to go i'm afraid'

Marcus Tudgay: 'I'm willing to loan you out for first team football for this season and we shall see what happens. I will be keeping a close eye on you'

David McGoldrick: 'Unfortuantely you don't meet my expectations and will have to find a new club. Lacking in goals means lacking in performances. You shouldn't need to be reminded twice'

View attachment 244334

Birmingham City target Blackstock (The Sun)

Coventry Chase McGoldrick (The Daily Mirror)

Derby target Unsettled McGugan (The Daily Mail)

Cameron Bellamy: 'We intend to sell David McGoldrick and only sell Dexter and Lewis if the right transfer fee is negotiated'

Other transfer listed players include: Marcus Tudgay, Paul Anderson, Robbie Findley, Karl Darlow and Brendan Moloney.

In other news George Elokobi has now gained British Citizenship and Eurico Sebastiao has signed a pre contract deal so that when he turns 17 on the 24th October he will sign a 3 year deal to stay with the club until 2014

Jamal Lascelles has also signed his first professional contract at the age of 17 he may spend some time out on loan to gain some valuable first team experience.

Pearce Pips Pardew to England job

Former Forest player Stuart Pearce has been appointed England manager and is said to be delighted with thr job offer and that he couldn't refuse to turn it down.

Dennis Wise was then made U20 manager whereas Steve Bruce became U21 Manager

Last edited:
View attachment 244409
BREAKING NEWS:

View attachment 244412

Nottingham Forest striker Marcus Tudgay has joined Ipswich Town on loan for the season to try and up his game aswell as aquire his needs of first team football. Tudagay joined the reds last season fro 250k but is yet tio prove his real worth. Enclosed in the deal is a future fee of 230k should Ipswich choose to purchase him long term.

View attachment 244413

GOAL GLUT AS FOREST DEMOLISH ALDERSHOT
New Forest manager Cameron Bellamy enjoyed his first game in charge as he watched his side demolish League 2 outfit Aldershot 5-1 at the Recreation Ground as Robbie Findley bagged a brace as well as contributory goals from Miller, Blackstock and Boateng.

FOREST CAPTURE YOUNG DUO
Nottingham Forest have already begun purchasing new players as young 18 year old duo Omar Bogle and Yann Nsaku were brought in on free transfer. With Omar having previous youth experience at Celtic and Birmingham and Yann Nsaku already auditioning at Portsmouth a year ago the fan have trusted the managers income.Manager Cameron Bellamy spoke to The Sun: 'Omar and Yann are fine players and i have been after those two for a while now. Omar is a striker and has a keen eye for goal whereas Yann plays centre back and has the physicalities of a young Marcel Desailly. I know exactly what they are capable of and i hope the supporters enjoy their development at the club over the next few seasons'

FOREST STRUGGLE TO EVADE EBBSFLEET
Nottingham Forest ran out 1-0 winners today but will be slightly dissapointed with their perfromance today which saw Robbie Findley grab the only goal of the game and it also saw George Boateng recieve a red card. However the youth in the side played their hearts out and should be credited for their performances.

FOREST'S FLARE FLOWS OVER FALKIRK
Nottingham Forest cruised past Scottish savages Falkirk 2-0 through Ismael Miller and an own goal. Once again the youth was on hand to embarass the experience of Falkirk full strength fielded side.

FOREST WIPE OUT DONS
Forest called for the demolition job once again as they saw off MK Dons 4-0 away - Findley bagged another brace as 16 year old Sebastiao scored a screamer and it was capped off when retuning Forest Favourite Marlon Harewood drilled home from close range after running thorugh two defenders. Aslo in this match Greg Cunningham on loan from Manchester city picked up a twisted ankle and will miss the next 6 weeks and the start of the league campaign.

Last edited:
View attachment 244440
View attachment 244443View attachment 244441
FOREST SAY FAREWELL TO FOND TRIO
Robbie Findley, Brendan Moloney and Paul Anderson became the first players to depart after the club went under new management.

Findley joins Birmingham City fro a fee of 100k - despite a solid pre-season campaign he has failed to make it into the first after just two appeareances for the club in two years he was looking for a better chance at first team football and this his way of getting it.

View attachment 244442

Moloney joins Forest's big rivals Derby County after spceulation that he was going to sign a new deal which he refused stating that he was disheartned by the new boss' constructive criticism. So for a fee of just 170k he becomes the first defender to depart.

And finally Wing wizard Paul Anderson who spent 3 years at the club decided to pack his bags and has joined Leicester City for a fee of 300k after realising that his chances of first team football this season were very narrow.

20 year old goalkeeper Karl Darlow also fled to Milton Keynes in search of first team football on a season long long loan.

View attachment 244444

View attachment 244445

FOREST TIE UP LYNCH CONTRACT AND DRAW CHESTERFIELD IN CUP
Forest centre back Joel Lynch today signed a new three year deal as the new manager looks to tie up any loose ends before the end of the transfer window.

In other news Chesterfield will face Forest at home in the League Cup 1st Round Draw

Captain Luke Chambers then signed a new deal as he closed speculation linking him to West Ham United

Lewis McGugan then damaged his cruciate ligaments and will miss the next 7 weeks out of action

Striker David McGoldrick then sealed a move away from the City Ground by joining Coventry City for a fee of just 40k as Forest were too desperate to offload him

Chambers then retained the captaincy for this season as Chris Cohen was chosen over Lee Camp to become vice captain

Forest manager Bellamy then made a few statements ahead of saturday's clash with Hull City:

'It's great to finally get underway i've been looking forward to this moment since i arrived. We had a great pre-season and we need to carry on that from in competitive league and cup matches. We've been wroking very hard a\nd i know the lads are destined for a good result if they pay off that hard work. Aand early performances will shape the eventual first team for this season. With the experience of players such as Boateng and Greening we should play very well and succeed to get a fair end result'

Youngster Ben Osborn then signed a professional contract

Last edited:
good start i recommend kightly at wolves and portsmouth player sam magri.on my forest save i managed to sign luke varney he wasnt bad and jamie vardy at fleetwood i loved that fella also got him when i left to wolves in the prem thought he would be awful in prem and he done rather good 7 in 21 not bad saying he is a conference player

MIRACULOUS MARLON HAILED AS TWO GOALS IS ENOUGH

Hull City 1-2 Nottingham Forest, The Circle, 6th August 2011

Marlon Harewood made a magical return to Nottingham Forest as he bagged two goals in the space of four minutes as they overcame a vety threatning Hull City Side.

Hull dominated the first half as they had four attempts flagged (fairly) offside. They continued to press until captain Andy Dawson went off inured early in the 2nd half and that allowed Harewood to score two goals on his return match for the Reds - something he will treasure forever. Both goals were banged in from the edge of the area as both times it was the leaky defence that allowed sloppy passes to slip through and find the target man who certainly looks hungry for goals. Joshua King on loan from Man Utd did pull one back as he last ten minutes of the game were scarse for most Forest fans. But undoubtdely they held onto record an emphatic win that will stay in the memories for years to come.

Man Of The Match: Marlon Harewood (8.0)

After the match Hull manager Nick Barmby said: 'I think Bellamy got the tactical decisions right today and that's what mattered'

Forest manager Bellamy was quoted saying: 'I couldn't ask for more it was great perfromance by the players and loved every minute of it. I had confidence that despite conceding a late goal that we would hold onto to our brief advantage. Marlon was absoloutley outstanding today and i expect to see more of the same'

View attachment 244461

Thanks and yeah in real life Forest are interested in Luke Varney so i certainly wouldn't rule that out as he fits into the team perfectly!

Back