Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
kiMKRbX4T.png

RED STAR BELGRADE - THE 2nd COMING

Hello and welcome to my new story where I will manage the Serbian side Red Star Belgrade. Red Star, also known as Crvena Zvezda, are Serbia's most successful club if you include the various incarnations of the old Yugoslavia etc. My main aim is to win the Champions League like the old side of 1991 did when they defeated Marseille. Domestic success should be easy enough but European success will be hard to come by.

Serbia has developed some world class players both in the past and recently from Stojkovic to Vidic, Prosinecki to Matic and Mihajlovic to Ivanovic so hopefully we will be able to produce a few players to stand alongside them. Also an added aim is to bring back some of the Serbs who are playing abroad to really demolish the rest of the Serbian Super League. A frightening thought really.

And naturally I would like to manage Serbia. For the save I am a random Scotsman (myself) with the lowest of the low of coaching badges and experience.

--

FACTS ABOUT THE CLUB

th

Stadium - Rajko Mitic Stadium
Capacity - 55,538
Founded - 1945

--

th

HONOURS

League Winners
- 28 times
Cup Winners - 24 times
European Cup Winner - 1991
Intercontinental Cup - 1991
Mitropa Cup - 2 times

--

th

PRE-SEASON

I had both a lot to do and both nothing to do. For instance the squad is good enough for the domestic challenge but nowhere near good enough for the European competition for a lasting run methinks. I also somehow inherited a side with 21 youth coaches - I am only allowed 6!!!!! I did appoint club favourite Nemanja Vidic as my reserve team manager though.

I had only just over £1m to spend and I transfer listed a few players but nobody was interested in them including former Serbia international Nenad Milijas. I inherited a decent enough looking squad with a few decent youngsters, Srdjan Babic, Uros Racic, Luka Ilic (on loan from Man City), Luka Adzic, Nemanja Radonjic and Dejan Joveljic.
View attachment 52434View attachment 52433View attachment 52432View attachment 52431View attachment 52430View attachment 52429

Add to that the 2 transfers that I have done to date at the time of writing - before our first game.
Aleksandar Mesarovic came in from Vojvodina for £400,000. He is only 18y/o and will start off as my first choice AMC. Njegos Petrovic, who is only 17, came in from Rad for £300,000 and he will add strength and depth as well as hopefully develop into a decent player.
View attachment 52428View attachment 52427

What I noticed is that I have a ton of decent looking youngsters out on loan plus I can only have 4 foreign players in my squad for domestic matches!!!! That will prove to be challenging indeed.

--

OTHER NEWS

We are in the Europa League this season and have been drawn against Armenian side Pyunik Yerevan in our first tie.

Sounds like a good challenge! Serbia and the surrounding countries always tend to through some world class regens out too! 4 foreign player limit is a nightmare though!

Unfortunately the game file got corrupted - I dunno if I shut down my computer while it was saving accidentally or what but no matter what I do it will not go past a certain date. ****** annoying as I won my first 2 league games 6-2 and 5-0 plus knocked out Panathinaikos to reach the Europa League group stage!!!!!

Back to the drawing board I go............