Regarding European Seedings.

• Thread starter Thread starter Seano
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 860

Seano

Reaction score
How well do you have to do to improve your seeding in Europe? What i mean is , go straight into the group stages. I'm shamrock Rovers and over the last 3 years ive made it to the group stages of the Champions league but haven't got past that, but got to the Second Knockout round in the Europa League and the First knockout round before that. I've had no luck with draws over the last 3 years , i've landed the hardest group in the Champions League by a mile, each season. The effects it's having on my team isn't great either. With us playing in Europe season in , season out , my players are being attracted by bigger teams. I've consistently climbed up the rankings of the club ranking system and the league is now in the top 100 or so. With my players wanting to leave for bigger teams (Often for free because they don't want to leave until they near the end of their contracts) it's hard for me to attract other players to fill the void and when i do , they immediately leave the next season.

Currently, if i win the Premier League i will go into the second qualifying phase of the Champions league. for the last 6 years i've progressed to at least the Playoff qualifying phase, surely to god i deserve a better seeding? It's have an bad effect on player fatigue. The league is 44 games long and seeing as it starts in around january and finishes in July when the Champions league qualifiers start, they don't really have a pre-season.

So back to my question... When will my seedings improve? What do i have to do?

you need to do well in europe, which it sounds like your doing, but you also need the other clubs to do well in europe aswell. there is something in game where you can see how close you are to getting an automatic place in the group stage. i can't remember exactly where it is off teh top of my head but i think it was either europe, nations, qualification places/ league coefficents or europe, competitions, qualification places/ league coefficents.

just keep going.. even reaching knockout rounds in europa league consistently raises the co-efficent for the league. which raises the money the league recieves which will allow the other teams to improve. with shamrock i managed to get the league of ireland to be the 12th best league in europe which is 1 automatic qualifying spot.. took 12 years though..

That's for the info guys! At least now i know what i have to go and do , i'll go check how i'm doing in the co-efficients. The league is getting better and better as the years go on , it's a two horse race at the moment with Rovers and Cork City but a few other teams are improving aswell. I really want to get the League of Ireland a recognized league in the game and it's proving to be alot harder than i thought!

Back