Regen Analysis (using Powergens)

• Thread starter Thread starter polda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

polda

Reaction score
I have decided to do some (very basic) analysis on the regens in FM11, in particular, what nations the top regens tend to be generated.

I will be using FMGenie to gather the data and have loaded the Powergens download (PowerGens 2011 - Downloads - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids, Updates & Cheats) in order to produce even more regens.

What I am mainly looking for is which of the BIG football nations produce the most home grown talents. The method in which I will use will be to find the total number of regens from each major country with a PA of 160 or above.

AFTER 1 YEAR
Italy – 21
Brazil – 19
Spain - 16
France - 10
Germany - 10
Holland - 7
Portugal - 5
England – 3

AFTER 2 YEARS
Spain - 38 up 22
Italy – 34 up 13
France – 22 up 12
Germany – 22 up 12
Brazil – 21 up 2
Holland – 12 up 5
England – 9 up 6
Portugal – 8 up 3

AFTER 3 YEARS
Spain – 61 up 23
Italy – 56 up 22
France – 37 up 15
Germany – 36 up 14
Brazil – 42 up 21
Holland – 21 up 9
England – 18 up 9
Portugal – 15 up 7

*Note some regens have dual nationalities and may have been counted twice, however this is a limited few

The main reason I pursued this is due to what seemed a sever lack of decent British regens being produced, which disappointed me as I enjoy using English sides and would prefer to have a side predominantly filled with homegrown locals as opposed to foreign players.

The data I have collected seems to suggest my thoughts of few decent English regens compared with other major nations is true, which leads me to ask if it is possible to edit the database in order to increase this production?

Which leagues were loaded as active? I presume this would impact the quality of regens produced

To be honest, there are 256 regens after year 3, 18 of which are English. That seems fair to me. Of the top 256 players in the world today, could you honestly say that more than 18 would be English?

Last edited:
"Powergens increases and improves the potential rating of re-gens in Football Manager 2011."

Surely that's skewing your data?

"Powergens increases and improves the potential rating of re-gens in Football Manager 2011."

Surely that's skewing your data?

If anything the number of good regens would be less if using just the 11.3.0 default Db.

@polda

To get a true analysis of this I would suggest running 3 different holiday games all with the same set up over a period of 10 seasons, and then posting the indivdual seasons and finally averaging the 3 different results after 10 seasons, as in my testing of Powergens I found that the Quantity/Quality and nationality changed game to game.

When a re-gen has dual nationality only use the first one listed as this would be his birth nation.

If anything the number of good regens would be less if using just the 11.3.0 default Db.

That's not the point. Of course it would be less, the amount produced is irrelevant, what is relevant is the proportion of regens that come from each country. If it's an edited database, then this figure is liable to change which will make most of the data garnered useless to those on the regular DB.

If you really want to do an accurate analysis on this, then I'd take a holiday save over 10 seasons and repeat 3 times. Then find the mean average for each country from the repeats, all on regular DB of course! I'd also be tempted to split the bands into smaller ranges i.e 160-169, 170-179 etc.

Good luck if you do gather the data! Should prove very useful, especially for those on smaller machines to choose their leagues more carefully, and for scouting intensity!

how do you make these files because im intrested in having ago at making my own re-gen file so any help would be greatful

Back