Regen Question

• Thread starter Thread starter xarm0x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

xarm0x

Reaction score
In my 2nd season as WBA (got them promoted via play-offs) and a message comes up from my assistant about my new youth players.
There's one he says will be "the best of his generation" I click him, and sure enough his stats are stunning.

The boy is only 16 though, and I was just wondering if there are any sure fire ways of keeping him at the club?

I straight away offered him a new contract but that can only be signed when he turns 17 in February 2011 (it's now June 2010) .. so basically I'm scared of a "bigger club" poaching my wonderkid.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Craig.

If he's 'one of the best of his generation', within the next season or 2 he's sure to be wanting out, so make the most of him and train him well, tutor him, and give him games regularly to up his asking price so you won't lose out on big money. Also praise him whenever you can, maybe that'll help him love the club.

Get promoted and play him in every game, either starting or as a sub, and then when you become his favorite person he wont want to leave! ;)

just make sure you train him well and get him games and he should improve and then you can either sell for big bucks, or he will wanna stay! :)

Also just make sure the contract, or pre contract, you offered him is for as many years as possible, that way he can't leave unless you sell him...

Doesn't always work (contract). If he wants a 2-year contract, normally he won't go above that, but you could still try nonetheless.

Put a clausule in hes contract will scare most clubs off

Back