Regens and wages.

• Thread starter Thread starter Henry8597
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2K

Henry8597

Reaction score
On my napoli save i am now in 2020 and evrey 19/20 y.o regen that I find is asking for 4x the wages he's earning at his current club ... I am interested in a few Centre backs that are currently 120 ca , but have a potential of 185 from Ajax and theyre both asking for 50 and 60k pw which is too much for a backup / rotation player as i am currently cutting wages

Is anybody else having this problem?

yeah lol, I had a promising striker who was about 20 years old, he wasnt first team material just yet and wanted like 43k for a backup position, I sold him.

Also I am in 2019

Last edited:
Its so annoying... I have managed to buy the 3 best CB's in the world who are all regens and they are 25,21 and 23 and are each on £140,000 - £170,000 with massive bonuses each.

Also if you are a very wealthy club, they do tend to ask for more, I have had players asking me for 50k (I reject) and they sign somewhere else on 30k.

I tend to sign promising regens when they are 16 or 17 for 4-6kpw. It's too much in my opinion.

It's so annoying that you have to pay the three best CB's that much money? seriously?

But yeah reputation plays a lot into it, also depends on what club they're at when you try to sign them.

It's so annoying that you have to pay the three best CB's that much money? seriously?

But yeah reputation plays a lot into it, also depends on what club they're at when you try to sign them.

It was meant to say potentially the best haha, 2 are still at 150ca and one has reached his PA of 188 which im happy with, but all of these contracts were signed when the players were 3/4 years younger bear in mind...

It was meant to say potentially the best haha, 2 are still at 150ca and one has reached his PA of 188 which im happy with, but all of these contracts were signed when the players were 3/4 years younger bear in mind...

It still doesn't change a huge amount, the best players will always cost the most.
Players with a huge PA no matter how old they are will always have a high reputation and will be wanted by a lot of teams, this drives up their wage demands.
You signed the best three so you'd expect to be paying out of your **** for them.

I see your point ... I may be forced into selling them though as the club isnt earning enough money for me to be able to afford all of the wages :( Looks like my 4 years where ive won the league 4 times, cup 3 times and champions league twice is going to come to an end due to money issues:(

Do you actually scout these guys?

I have a wage structure and if the player fits it Il only give the minimum of what the scout says he'd take unless he will a key player then Il settle for a little more...

Well, i have Bale with a wage of 850 k per month, so i don't think it's too much offering a young kid to leave his parents and country and pay him 50k. If you make him a contract for 5 years, and for example he has 18 years old, when he reaches the final year you can play him as 1st team for only 50k and not 850K like Bale.

Also, you can cut the original asking wage for about 40 % with negotiations.

I see, i have sold all three defenders for a total of £114 million and have bought in cheaper replacements as i feel that the club is very close to entering administration

Do you actually scout these guys?

I have a wage structure and if the player fits it Il only give the minimum of what the scout says he'd take unless he will a key player then Il settle for a little more...

Of course i scout them, through my scouts and genie scout and each of them were going to decline if i didnt offer them that much money?

I know, so sad to see them all leave :( I am going to have to rebuild the defence and attack from scratch again seen as though Ive sold them three and fierro who got european player of the year last year for £44 million :(

Yeah I have only just noticed Fierro on mine, he is a beast, playing at Arsenal on my save

He got world player of the year, golden boot, champions cup player of the season, top scorer... But now I have a regeneration called krstic who cost me 14.25 million and 35k per week as a replacement instead of 145k pw in fierro

Back