Regens aren't really good enough

• Thread starter Thread starter Fisgas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3K

Fisgas

Reaction score
Hi all.

So i've played FM12 on a number of different saves. I've had the English, French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish 1st and 2nd leagues enabled. My issue is when looking at the players list on Genie Scout, excluding regens, there are 26 players with 80% or more best potential rating, and then loads in the high 70's. Now looking at just regens at a save i had on the 5th season, the best that i ever got was just a few at like 75% and even they were extremely lacking on some attributes. Even clubs with excellent youth facilities, and in the past have generated loads of players that went on to be stars aren't generating good enough players (Barcelona, Ajax, Sporting CP, Santos, etc). My question: is everyone having this problem where regens aren't really good enough, or should i enable more leagues and countries to increase the quality and quantity of future stars? Besides the quality of the teams dropping dramatically after a few years, it really doesn't seem to matter to invest in my club's youth facilities.

Thanks.

2 things one not evrey regen is gonna be good just like not evrey player is good 2 there are some countrys that usally produce some good youth that you dont have croatia belgium argentina brazil south america in general

Fisgas, if you use Genie Scout I wouldn't always go by their ratings always. If you were to check the same players in FMRTE rating system you would find it to be very different. In some tests I've done though, it seems the ratings in FMRTE for some positions are potentially better. Check out the free version of that and compare/contrast.
And remember even then the ratings are just prescribed by a set criteria that can differ to the actual game

Well, this is usually the case. The problem is that not enough lower quality teams produce good regens. The good youth academies will still produce in bunches, but the clubs like Burnley and 1860 Munich never produce even a decent player, which is totally unrealistic.

I have to agree ratings in FMRTE are usually better.

I have some regens you wouldn't believe, absolutely incredible

Liverpool, where did those regens come from? Which youth academies, I mean?

I've also got some insane looking regens in a few of my saves. But I always play with every nation and league playable (over the maximum recommended playerbase) and the regens with the absolute best potential usually comes from Brazil (clubs like Santos, Sao Paolo, Palmeiras etc.) and there also tends to pop up quite a few good ones around the Balkans.

I don't use any editor or stuff to find these though, I usually just have a large scout network and often take a peek at the clubs in these areas that usually produces a lot of talented players.

Thanks for the replies guys. So it seems i should enable countries like Brazil, Argentina, Belgium and Croatia. Am I missing any that i should have on as well? Also, is it enough to only activate one league from these countries or should i enable more?

That's good question that I would like to know as well!
[TABLE="width: 451"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 451"]
g.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Back