Regens Contracts?

• Thread starter Thread starter Pezman123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

Pezman123

Reaction score
Ive approached to sign a 14 year old and he wants 7k a week?

Will he get this 7k a week straight away?

Or will he be on a youth contract until a certain age and then when his 16/17/18 (not sure what age it is) and then be on the 7k a week?

Pretty sure they are on youth contracts, like £55 a week until they turn 17 and can sign professional terms...could be wrong though...

He'll get it straight away, as you are giving him a full contract by the sound of it (Max wage for a youth contract is £55 I think)

he will be on £55 a week until he is old enough to sign a professional contract as far as i know

Yep. Me being the dirty poacher of clubs I am, I can say this with utmost authority.

What they are agreeing now is a "provisional contract". So they will sign the contract once they are 17... "surrounded by family and friends".

They'll be on 55 pounds a week until they turn 17, like all other youngsters.

Two words of warning... Having a load of players on provisional contracts is great until they switch to the full time contracts and you now have 17 year olds on £10,000 a week or so. Then it costs, especially as everyone else wants more too. I've had some youngsters ask for £15000 (and more). No matter how good their potential I turn those ones down.

One good clause to use for these is the "salary after x club games", along with a much smaller initial payment. By setting it slightly above what they're looking for after just 10 games they'll often accept much lower initial terms. Much less risk...

A final thing to watch out for (I sometimes forget) is that Brazilian youngsters don't move until 18 anyway... They'll never be on the youth contract and will join for whatever amount you've agreed.

Back