Reggae

I have a few Bob Marley tracks, but don't listen to any apart from that.

Bob Marley king of the weed! Can't get enough of him! His son's are great aswell!!
One Love

i listen to a bit of reggae, but to be fair i prefer Ska Punk, its still fairly reggae based but has that bit more grime to it.

i listen to a bit of reggae, but to be fair i prefer Ska Punk, its still fairly reggae based but has that bit more grime to it.

/me is sick

surely one of the worst genres to ever exist

I don't mind Levi Roots' Reggae Reggae Sauce, but not keen on the tunage.

Apart from the Levi Roots' Reggae Reggae Sauce song....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XJriqSXO9BI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XJriqSXO9BI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

try Stephen Marley's album Mind Control. I think it appeals to more than just Reggae listeners, it's a very very good album

Reggae's deep :) Collie Buddz, Damian 'Jr Gong' Marley, Elephant Man, Beenie Man, Movado, Sean Paul, Wayne Wonnder, Buju Banton Tha List Goes on :D.

haha it's funny cause you mention reggae artist who have the same style. I don't get why people like Mavado yhough. But Buju Banton's good, so is Jr. Gong. And personally I don't like Sean Paul but that's just me. Collie Budz had some work done with Busta Rhymes ain't it?
If you like this list you will definately like Ky-Mani Marley to (especially his Album Radio).

Sean Paul, yea, just don't like the type a reggae he makes

Buju Banton, Beres Hammond, Redrat

Buju Banton - Heartbreaker, one of the greatest reggae songs

after all of bob marleys tho

Alborosie, Capleton..not mentioned why?

I like reggea but i prefer Prodigy

I´m Listen Prodigy - Spitfire

I listened to a few Damian Marley songs wasn't really impressed. Fair play to him he tried to make Reggae music more appealing the younger generation but hasn't really done the trick for me. My dad played a Reggae cd in the car I don't know his name but something like 1 million people went to his funeral [no no Bob before anyone says]

yeah im strictly into reggae/old school reggae and dancehall i have approx 600 original reggae tracks going back 15 years

The only Reggae i like is Buffalo Soldier, Red Wine and Three Little Birds :) I dno if you class Red Wine as Reggae but i do :D

Last edited:
So how can you only like 3 songs? Those songs are a few very famous songs but by far not the best. There's so much more than people see in it. Like Bob Marley is known, people know Peter Tosh, UB40, and then they go to some reggae artist who are around nowadays and still publish music like Buju Banton like Sean Pall, Colly Budz, Sizzla, Gyptian, Chezidek, well I can name many more. But how come when people listen to Bob Marley and they think, hmm maybe there's more out there, they start looking for new stuff, i never get that.
It might be a kind off taste thing, but i don't mind. sure many people prefer the new stuff over the old. but many who do i think never really listened good enough to the old stuff. Black Uhuru, Jimmy Cliff, The Congo's, The Abyssinians, Judy Mowatt, Ken Boothe, Toots & The Maytals, Lincoln Thompson, Dennis Brown, Horace Andy and many many more.
It'd be glad to advise some people to listen to some stuff before saying they only like bob marley

Got a couple of Bob Marley albums

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Huge fan of Damian Marley tho