Reggina Mid Season 1 (Striker)

• Thread starter Thread starter timc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

timc

Reaction score
Playing as Reggina in Serie B, expectations are to fight for promotion.

I did a couple of needed signings to start off the season. (2xLB, 2xCM, 2x AMC, and some backup players in other spots)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3qc93aduhzal7/in.jpgView attachment 252614View attachment 252615

At the start of the season i played Bonazzoli (he's a reak aerial threat but really slow) as striker. I really gave him time to be important for the squad but it just didn't work out. So i decided to give Ceravolo a go as a Striker (had to sacrifice the AMR position for this, and i now play with 1 AML - 2 AMC, so no AMR), and **** yeah this worked like a charm. I didn't lose any game since he played as ST. Some games where played with young talent Alessio Viola aswell. (mostly comming in as sub)

Now here are my stats with my strikers:
Bonazzoli: 9(1)games: 3goals - 0assists - 6.47avg (old, slow, good heading)
A. Viola: 5(10)games: 2goals - 2assists - 6.82avg (young, average striker)
Ceravolo: 15(1)games: 5goals - 8assists - 7.20avg (statswise he isn't that great, but team played well with him)

As you can see in outgoing transfers I sold Ceravolo for 3.3M to Fiorentina. (to much to refuse) Now the problem is i really want to get to Serie A asap. And I don't really need new Strikers for next season since I already signed Sanogo, Soukouna & Gaston Fernandez who are joining next season. But I'm not really sure if i can get promotion with a ST like Viola.

---> So here is my question: (and my options)

1 Play A. Viola in ST. (and just hope for the best)
2 Buy a new ST out of this list: Fornaroli (400K), Makengo (this one may be to expensive), Kramaric (600K), Beqiraj (900K)
3 Buy another new ST (someone you guys suggest, max:1.5M, wage: 9K/w max)

View attachment 252620View attachment 252621View attachment 252622View attachment 252623

PS: I am currently at title course. (3rd with 41pts, 1st had 43pts)

I am now 14 January 2012 (mid season transfer period) and already made some signings for next season.

View attachment 252616

This is insane! Still in January i had Cup match against Inter... First game without Ceravolo, i won 1-3. Now I reached the Quarterfinals and guess what, Viola made a hattrick against AS Roma and we won 2-6 lol. Never had such a crazy game. But have to say we win partly because Inter & AS Roma played with their reserves, haha.

Decided to hire Akpala instead of signing a new ST, i have 3 ST's comming in next season so no point in wasting money on an average ST.

Do not sign new players. It is relatively easy to get a promotion. Maby get someone on loan. You will find out that you have too many players for whom you give a high salary and u can not get rid of them.

A lot of teams play with their reserves for the cup, but you will probably reach the Semi-Final and you will not be able to win in 2 matches. You can try to challenge the cup when you have a starting 11 that can win you every game out there and I guess this will be in 1-2 seasons into Seria A.

Glad that there are people that play Seria A :) A relatively easy league, however full of surprises.

Yes full of surprises, after winning 2-6 against Roma for the Cup I had my biggest loss 3 days later (everyone was tired, my squad is not big enough to rotate) and we went down 7-0 against Sampdoria. WOW

This is snowballing right now, 3 games in 6days really this Cup is poisoning my competition: 6 injuries (4first team, 2 backups) and everyone tired as ****, had to bring in youth players. Oh god, just give my team a break now (we lost 0-5 against Livorno, after the 7-0 against Sampdoria) ... Next game is in... 3days oh ****.

Do not sign new players. It is relatively easy to get a promotion. Maby get someone on loan. You will find out that you have too many players for whom you give a high salary and u can not get rid of them.

A lot of teams play with their reserves for the cup, but you will probably reach the Semi-Final and you will not be able to win in 2 matches. You can try to challenge the cup when you have a starting 11 that can win you every game out there and I guess this will be in 1-2 seasons into Seria A.

Glad that there are people that play Seria A :) A relatively easy league, however full of surprises.

Looks like everything is possible. I won the semi-final vs Udinese (lost 1-0 & won 3-1) and i came up against Pescara in the final (who won against AC Milan)... I won the Cup as a Serie B team :P In the competition i'm still fighting for promotion, 2points behind Torino laying in 3rd place with 3games to go. (Sassuolo 2nd also 2pts behind)

Back