Reina pens new Liverpool contract

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 683

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina signs a new six-year deal that is set to keep him at the club until 2016.

More...

Knew this was coming for a while but great that it's confirmed, brilliant keeper and future captain.

Great deal for Liverpool, he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world imo, but wildly underrated.

Great news for Liverpool. He is one of the best buys from Rafa and one of the best keeper is the world.

Quality keeper, Quality loyalty, Quality timing for liverpool.

Best news all season, delighted with this. Best keeper in the prem for me and future LFC captain.

One of those players who just 'gets' what Liverpool football club is about. He strikes me as someone who you'd have a cracking night out with too.

Love the fella and so glad that his family and himself are so settled and happy that he's willing to sign such a lengthy contract.

He's also the best goalkeeper in the premier league at the moment according to several former top ones (eg Bob Wilson).

Does anyone know the Reported Terms off the deal?

Just wondering what is the going rate for a Top Class keeper. which he is.

shows he is loyal i keep hearing torres will leave if liverpool dont get champs league footballnext season. heard the same bout gerrard but didn't believe it coz gerrard is a liverpool legend and wouldn't leave like that

One of those players who just 'gets' what Liverpool football club is about. He strikes me as someone who you'd have a cracking night out with too.

Love the fella and so glad that his family and himself are so settled and happy that he's willing to sign such a lengthy contract.

He's also the best goalkeeper in the premier league at the moment according to several former top ones (eg Bob Wilson).

He is one of the best shot stoppers in the league yes, I think he is a liability with cross balls.

He is one of the best shot stoppers in the league yes, I think he is a liability with cross balls.

Think he's made a couple of bloopers but he's not in the David James school of goalkeeping. We do lack aerial ability at the back (and height generally in the team bar one or two players) and so he gets exposed a bit more than some other keepers on that score. Think he's got a lot of room for improvement still though, so here's hoping he'll continue to hone his game - he's a kid at 27 in goalkeeper terms.

----

No terms of the deal have been announced Scott but rumour is that it's around 95k a week with all bonuses included.

Back