Rejecting bids without unsettling players?

• Thread starter Thread starter martinh24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

martinh24

Reaction score
On FM12 you used to be able to set a players value to £0 and reject all bids automatically without a player becoming unsettled or upset but I can't do that anymore?

How do you guys keep hold of your best players at a small club?

Set there asking prise to a level high enough to reduce interest in them.

I've tried that but it still unsettles them :S

What kind of feedback are you getting from the players? I have raised valuations on players when clubs start to show interest without any real problems. I have had a few players come to me asking about the increase in valuation but then I just assertively tell them that they underestimate they value to the team. With this they accept the valuation increase and I hear nothing further from it. I guess it is effected by the time you have been manager at the club, the longer you have been there the more likely they will listen to your opinion and maybe this is where the problem is?

Have you tried a face-to-face talk with them after they become unhappy?

I have found an opposite problem. That I have a hard time moving players from a low profile club. So I've taken to policy to sell anyone at a decent offer. IMO it's easier to develop youth and free agents at a small club than it is to raise funds from player sales. And buy players without your wage bill going through the roof.

Back