Rejuvenating AC Milan

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4K

MWEST94

Reaction score
View attachment 234180
News coming in is that AC Milan have sacked their manager, Massimiliano Allegri. The chairman has decided to sack the manager as part of a five year plan to make AC Milan into a younger and more dominant team in Europe for years to come.
View attachment 234191
Who will replace Allegri? Was it the right decision to sack him? How will this affect the players and staff? These are all questions the Chairman and the board need to answer.

Reports are suggesting AC Milan are looking at potential new managers. In line for the job are: former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez, Fabio Capello; following his resignation from England and an unknown rookie manager Matthew West.

View attachment 234207

AC Milan have announced that Matthew West as their new manager. The chairman announced that "hiring West was part of the revolution to to take Milan forward. He doesn't necessary have the experience, but he is young and fresh which will help with the new policy.
View attachment 234208
News reports coming in: can West triumph with AC Milan? Can he control the egos and experience of the current players? Who's on West shortlist of players?

A mixed reaction from fans due to West being hired as manager of the club. One fan thought "It is a great idea; a young manager with new ideas is exactly what the club needs. Considering the ages of some players it is important that we sign the right young players. Hiring West will help us do this." However, another fan had different opinions, "Why did AC sack Allegri? He was doing fine and was bringing the club forward. West doesn't have the skills and knowledge to manage at this level. Fact."

Can West win over the fans?

Press Conference:

West introduced himself to the media. He and the chairman have high ambitions for the club. West prefers to play attractive football rather than slug out results. West also prefers to sign young, talented players rather than older players. He plans to work closely with the players to get a better understanding and commitment.

Reporter: "So what sort of players are you interested in?"

West: "I'm looking an array of talented young players. Ganso, Dede and Vertoghen were all players we have followed closely."

End of press conference.

View attachment 234224
Due to lack of finance from a high wage bill. The chairman will give West a limited transfer budget to pursue targets. The chairman quotes, "Due to high wages, unfortunetely players will have to leave before West can sign players. However, I will make finance available for the January transfer window."

View attachment 234543
West is set for his first competitive game as Milan manager. This is against Inter in the Italian Super Cup. This looks like a tricky first game for AC, with the bookies setting Inter as favourites for the cup.

August Results:

Apart from the the friendly and super cup results, here are the rest of the results ending at the end of August:

League game, 28th August.

AC Milan 0 vs 0 Roma

View attachment 234725

West view: We had no creativity today and few scoring opportunities. I expect better from the lads in the next game.

Transfer updates:

Playera in:
Granit Xhaka £2.9 million (Basel).
West view: Xhaka will bring creativity and a different dimension to the AC Milan attack. Apart from Boateng and Aquilani we lack creativity.

Matthew West £1.3 million (Brighton).
West view: I signed this youngster as part of my long term plans for the club. He is quite young so he will go straight into our academy.

Carlos Fierro, Mateo Kovacic, Romario and Marco Verratti are all signing at the end of next season.

Players out:
Cassano £5 million (Malaga).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew West is a youngster I created who plays centre midfield as well as AMC, ML and DL. He has 90 current ability and 150 potential ability. The way he plays is similar to Modric, David Silva.

September results:

League game, 10th September.

Udinese 2 vs 0 Milan
View attachment 234732
West view: As soon as Ambrosini got sent off we knew it was going to be a difficult match. They simply outplayed us and made sure their extra man counted.

Champions League, 14th September.

Milan 3 vs 0 Dinamo
View attachment 234734
West view: We played very well and created lots of chances throughout the match. But it is no less than I expected.

League game, 18th September.

Parma 1 vs 0 Milan.
View attachment 234735
West view: I thought we dominated the 1st half and we should of put our chances away. Then Parma took the lead but we were still created chances as well as a goal which shouldn't of been ruled out. Unfortunely, Abate got sent out and our chances were reduced. We should of won the match.

League game, 21st September.

Milan 2 vs 1 Cesena
View attachment 234737
West view: We played very poorly against a very good Cesena team. I will take the positives out of the match such as the full time result.

League game, 24th September.

Bologna 1 vs 1 Milan
View attachment 234738
West view: We played poorly again and only got a point in a game we should win. I definetely going to change the tactics.

Champions League, 27th September.

Real Madrid 1 vs 0 Milan.
View attachment 234748
West view: We played very well in our new attacking diamond formation. It was an even game, we just didn't have luck on our side.

Back