Relagation Candidates EPL

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 592

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Right as we approach the halfway point of the season, I am wondering which team will be fighting for survival in the second half of the season, surprisingly for me, my team Fulham lie 8th with 22 Points. I don't think i'll have to worry about my blood pressure this season. However the team down the bottom that I think will struggle are Portsmouth, Hull, Wolves and Bolton. Despite this I still believe Pompey have the best chance of staying up because they have the most quality and play the best football out of all four teams. Hull although revitalised in the last few games have once again lost Bullard whose career is rumoured to be over now, they will struggle to find consistent form unless they invest in January, I do not think that will happen as Duffen left them in a poor financial state. Wolves have a good young squad but lack the Premierleague experience but our financially sound, they lack the cutting edge to stay up and haven't exactly made the Molinuex into a fortress. Bolton have been playing some terrible football recently, they've fallen apart defensively and it is rumoured to be that Megson has lost the dressing room. The attendances to the Reebok drop every season as the football they play can be dire, they are not ruthless enough at home and park the bus away, after watching them at Craven Cottage, I understand why the attendance are lowering.

The other teams that could easily get dragged into the battle are Wigan, Stoke, Burnley, Birmingham, West Ham, Blackburn and Everton. West Ham seem to be playing good football but not getting the results needed, I'm sure they can turn this around as the season goes on though, Birmingham and Stoke are doing very well, Stoke play win at home and pull off the vital results away making them into a mid-table side. Burnley seem to rely on there home form but it is paying off, as a Fulham fan, I know how crucial home form is too staying up, Birmingham have the second best defence in the League and Lee Bowyer is definitely carrying them with his guile and experience, with this supposed cash in January, they could have a real crack at the top 10. Everton have been quite unlucky with injuries, if they keep up current form however they could really drop in there, once they get key players such as Jagielka and Arteta back though, it is more than likely they will propel up the table. Wigan despite having some shocking results seem to pull out the wins when needed, they do always sit by the relagation zone but don't seem to fall into it, if they find some consistency, they could really push into mid-table. Blackburn won't go down because they have Allardyce who has built his squad well enough to stay up, they can pull of results home and away and are very adaptable, I imagine they will easily stay up and the inclusion of David Dunn this season has made them a much better side.

Back