Relegation Battles?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ollieac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Ollieac

Reaction score
Not sure if the game's FM 12 is easier than previous versions or if I'm getting a bit better but I've not come anywhere near a relegation battle yet on FM 12. Perhaps oddly I have quite fond memories of surviving relegation on the final day on previous FMs or having to scrap for points and results at the bottom of the table.

Yet on FM 12 it seems quite easy to stay well clear of the foot of the table even with one of the weaker squads in the league. People talk of managing sides like Wigan and Swansea to top 6 finishes but has anyone has anyone actually managed a team to relegation on this game or come close?

Not sure if the game's FM 12 is easier than previous versions or if I'm getting a bit better but I've not come anywhere near a relegation battle yet on FM 12. Perhaps oddly I have quite fond memories of surviving relegation on the final day on previous FMs or having to scrap for points and results at the bottom of the table.

Yet on FM 12 it seems quite easy to stay well clear of the foot of the table even with one of the weaker squads in the league. People talk of managing sides like Wigan and Swansea to top 6 finishes but has anyone has anyone actually managed a team to relegation on this game or come close?

it's not really something to be proud of but yes i got lausanne of switzerland relegated in the first season, in my mind they had an extremely poor squad for that level and after all my changes i just couldn't quite get them to gel until too late in the season. although i went straight down it didn't happen until the final game of the season.

i managed to get Wolves to 5th, very unrealistic! I think if you try Portsmouth you'd be in a scrap, especially with the points deduction.

I had Norwich and survived on the last day of the season, that was mostly an experimental year though and i did get mid table, then europa (nearly champions league) league in the following seasons.

Back