René Henriksen presented at Academic Boldclub.

Gerner

Reaction score

Former star player Rene Henriksen takes over as head coach for Academic Boldclub. Trying to bring back the club to its former glory in the Top of the Superliga.

“I am happy to be back in the club I spend most of my career in as a professional footballer, hopefully I will be able to improve last year’s disappointing of just avoiding relegation and bring back the club to a position in the top of the Superliga within the next 5 years.
We are going to be playing a controlling 4-5-1 build variating with a DM or AM depending on the situation. As the finances are not the best the squad will be built by young talent and loans from abroad”

Welcome among the active posters!

As a Dane, it's always nice to see a Danish save... :)

Former star player Rene Henriksen takes over as head coach for Academic Boldclub. Trying to bring back the club to its former glory in the Top of the Superliga.

“I am happy to be back in the club I spend most of my career in as a professional footballer, hopefully I will be able to improve last year’s disappointing of just avoiding relegation and bring back the club to a position in the top of the Superliga within the next 5 years.
We are going to be playing a controlling 4-5-1 build variating with a DM or AM depending on the situation. As the finances are not the best the squad will be built by young talent and loans from abroad”

it's always nice to see
o.png

Preseason:
The match Schedule:
View attachment 227731
Tactic and transfer targets:
After looking into the squad the main focus will be a 4-2-3-1 built around the 3 key players in the Squad from the start, Daniel Høgh (DC), Rasmus Hansen (Bold winning midfielder) and Tiago loaned attacking midfielder.
Targets for the coming month is to improve the defense as this seems to be the teams weak point together with the Keeper, but as he has great potential I am going to keep him as starter and hope he don’t cause to may point losses.
Do to the weak economy the wage budget is 80.000 DKK or equal to 10.000 £ pr week, the current squad uses 78.500DKK leaving a very small gap to sign players for.

Preseason evaluation
View attachment 227688
After playing the 10 friendly matches and closing most of the transfers it is time to evaluate the squad and set a realistic target for the season.
The squad is generally missing experience having only 2 players at 30 and the rest in the beginning of their 20’s and the squad depth is not that great meaning 1 or 2 injuries could really hurt the team performance.
If we could keep injuries at a minimum I expect to achieve and secure a position in the mid table around 4-8.
The board expectations is to avoid relegation which should be a possibility.
Transfers
View attachment 227687
Kasper Hansen
View attachment 227689
Kasper Hansen is secured on a free transfer as a former FC Midtjylland talent I hope he can bring some extra power to central midfield.
The signing of Kasper Hansen put pressure on the finance so I had to let go of the young players who did not have the potential.
Morten Koch
View attachment 227690
As the central defense needed an upgrade I brought in Morten Koch on a free transfer.

Adam Arnarson
View attachment 227691
Arnarson is a 20 year old talent on a loan from FC Nordsjælland the hope is he can bring some stability to the defense.

Brandur Olsen
View attachment 227692
FC Copenhagen talent Brandur Olsen have been sign on a loan agreement to keep some depth in the midfield

Squad Stats
Before the first match the academics have been unlucky with injuries with several key players missing in the opening match against FC Roskilde:
Adam Arnarson
Andreas Moos
Kristian Uth​

As this is my first try in a story please let me know if the layout is bad or if you would like more details etc

Season start July/August
View attachment 227197
First match against FC Roskilde the newly promoted team from the second division was in for a treat as Linus Olsson played a perfect game resulting in 3 assists within the first half. Olsson who was planned to be the starting striker showed his diversity as he played AML due to injuries.

Second match is against AC Horsens as former Superliga team they stands a clear favorites, meaning that the result 1-1 is more than approved. Again was Linus Olsson on the spot this time from a position as AMR he scored the equalizing goal.

AB gives re-election to the 11 players from last match hoping to grab a win against a weaker opponent. Despite their good match against AC Horsens, the team did not deliver and lost the match which was a big disappointment.

In the Danish Cup the match was set against Hvidovre, the team delivered an expected win 3-1 securing the victory in the last twenty minutes.

Having found the starting 11 the team brought home a good 1-0 victory against Vensyssel. Only down side was a long injury to attacking midfielder Tiago.

Going away against Vejle among the promotion favorites an expected loss happened dispite a good team effort Vejle scored the last goal in the dyeing minutes of the game.

Take home field advantage against Skive, AB secured good victory at Gladsaxe stadium as Nicolas Rohde score 2 goal.

View attachment 227196
After the first 2 months I the team is preforming better than expected securing a 3 place in the table. League favorites from AGF have already put themself in the leading position.

Player of the month
Was a close call between Nikola Rohde and Linus Olsso both attraction attention from bigger clubs in Scandinavia. Tiago was also in the run but due to an injury the match against Vensyssel.
The price goes to Nikolas Rohde with 3 goal in 6 matches and preformance at 7,16​

September
Going in to September the expectations for this month is low starting off with number 1 & 2 in the current liga and the relegation team from superligaen in the first 3 matches.
Expected results before entering this moth is 2 victories against Jammerbugt in the Danish Cup and agaist Køge in the 1 division.
View attachment 226902

The first match is set at Lyngby Stadium and with only around 8km between the two home fields this is one of the old rivalries as AB is founded in 1889 and Lyngby in 1921. Going into the match René Henriksen is quoted
“Lyngby being the clear favorites for this match we will be focusing on a solid defense and hoping to punish any mistakes made by Lyngby on a quick counter”
The tactic with 2 Defensive midfielders in front of the defense worked perfectly punishing Lyngby on 2 counter attacks, unfortunately Jannich Storch who played a good game made an own goal as the ball bounce of the bar and hit him in the back.

Welcoming the current number 1 AGF to Gladsaxe Stadium René Henriksen chose the same line-up in the hopes of getting a draw, as the chances were split 15-3 in AGF favor, René was happy to only lose 1-0. Praising the defense for holding the line under the 90 minutes pressure.

A hard away match against Viborg René tried to surprise with a more offensive strategy play 3 central midfielders letting the young FC Copenhagen talent and newly appoint national player lead the offense as the main playmaker even though Brandur Olsen try his best it was not enough. Viborg showed to be to big challenge and won a safe 2-0 victory.

As the Danish Cup is not a focus area but still the team needed some moral boosting and being favorites in the match René put his offensive line-up with a strategy to control the match. But a mistake in the first minutes made the match up hill. AB created a lot of chance but did not manage to close the game in ordinary time, and the pressure was too big for the young team in the penalty round.

In needs of some success the team welcomed HB Køge to Gladsaxe stadium with one focus to give the supporters a much need victory and 3 points to the liga table, AB let by the young raising star Brandur Olsen, leading the offensive game strategy he was a key player in the 2-0 victory.

League Table
View attachment 226901
Still being placed at a 4th place the month overall performance is acceptable, especially going though the 3 top 3 teams.​

October

A new month creates new possibilities currently over performing means high expectation for the next coming matches:
View attachment 225823
As we are out of the Danish Cup all focus is on the league, as the team depth is small this is an advantage as we do not hope to get that many injuries due to the fewer matches.
From the economical point of view it is bad as the finance situation in the club is not good.

A 4-0 victory was a result not showing a true picture of the game, what should have been a close fight against relegation became a big win for AB who moved to a surprising 2 place. Being pushed back for most of the first half AB showed efficiency in front of the goal

After the victory over Brønshøj 9 players were out injured, luckly there was 14 days break which leaves room for the players to return do to the national teams had to play.

Losing 3-1 against Horsens was expected but at 1-1 it looked like we could hold but 2 goal late in the match made a blow we could not recover from

Followed by 2 draws against FC Fredericia and FC Roskilde bringing only 2 points to the table, this was a bit disappointing as season started with a 4-0 victory against FC Roskilde.

All in all the month was approved even though the team is losing momentum with only 5 points this month.

Player of the month
Nicolai Høgh, the central defender have been a key member of the team all season having the best average performance in the league earns him the spot as player of the month.​

November
Going into November the squad was getting rid of most of the injuries only 2 significate players were out Tiago & Rasmus Hansen
View attachment 225792
Matches and results
View attachment 225793
For November the expectation was 6 points from the 2 first matches as the team’s momentum were suffering coming out of October.

Winning the 2 first matches was great as the matches were close and they could easily have been lost only due to a strong playing defense and goalkeeper as the shots on target were evenly split between the teams.

Lyngby came to Gladsaxe stadium with a goal of wiping the loss from the last match. The Lyngby team was fired up and had AB on the defense for most of the match. The match was all you could expect of a local rivalry with lots of hard tackles.

René was quoted after the match “I am very happy with this result losing on all statistics but still keeping the nil was a great performance of the guys they fought like men out there for the entire match. This is a result to be proud of”

Welcoming Vejle to the Gladsaxe stadium René Henriksen had made it clear that Vejle were favorites even though they had not performed this season they have the better squad.
This was also what did happen on the field Vejle came with a lot pressure trying to stress the AB players all over the field. AB also coming with an offensive playing stile this could have been a firework but inefficiency in front of the goal, made the result 0-0

View attachment 225790
Being placed at nr. 3 as we head in to the Danish winter break is better than anyone would anticipate. Which also gave a great boost to the economy
View attachment 225789

Going into the winter break the goal is to renew the contracts on some key players and othervise keep the team intact as the finance do not alow for any new signings.​

Review of the first period

In general
Going into the winter break being placed at number 3 a lot better than expected, generally this have been achieved by some key players being able to play all of the matches.
In the central defense Nicolai Høgh have been a star player not only for AB but also if compared to the rest of the league.
Always being able to bring 2 out 3 strong central midfielders as Rasmus and Kasper Hansen have been injure but never on the same time, meaning that where have always been a strong ball winning midfielder on the grass.

In front Nicolai Rohde and Linus Olsson have both been performing well with a good goal/assist average.

Looking into this also shows the weakness of the team 5 key players is not a lot and 2 injures can be fatal.

Tactics
Expecting to play a 4-2-3-1 with an Attacking central midfielder
View attachment 224210
Due to an injury to the star player Tiago who was expected to carry the offense this line up have only been used in very few matches.
The most used tactic have been a 4-3-3 as shown below:
View attachment 224209

And a variant with 2 Defensive midfielders to secure the defense even more, only used against really strong attacking teams
View attachment 224208
The Board of Directors
The overall goal from the Board of Directors are do not relegate. So at the current state we are in a good condition. So let us take look their current state of mind:
View attachment 224207

But I still have goal of ending between 4 and 8 which is currently going after plan, but still waiting for the big crises.​

March
View attachment 224189

Then came March and the end of the winter break, opening against the top team was a challenge that was to big. Playing the defensiv strategi did not help conceding 4 goals was to much being one of the leagues best defense did show in this match as AGF dominated the game from beginning to the end. They proved to be to strong for the expected relegation team.
The team might have been effected by the mind games played by Morten Wieghorst up to the game.
View attachment 224188
The match against Viborg just 3 days after were the start of the downfall, as the squad depth is one of the problems a tired team showed up for the match bringing themselves in the lead did not bring any fortune as the fitness ran out and Viborg score 2 goals late in the game.

Againg only 3 days to rest were not enough for the hard presured team againg an early lead did not hold up as the team could not stand the presure of 90 minutes, losing for the second time 2-1 against Brønshøj.

Going in to the month last match René Henriksen was quated:
“We have had enough time to rest up to this match so I want to see a good defensiv stand and the players have to fight all the way to the end of the game.

With a score of 0-0 against Køge the team did exactly that not both teams had a defensiv approach making the match a boring sight.
A bad month is at an end making the table look like this:
View attachment 224187
Still within the acceptable position but the trend has to be stopped other vise there is not fare down to the relegation spots.​

April
View attachment 224163
After last month, the main focus was defense.
Welcoming back Roskilde who I have 2 victories against from the 2 previous meetings, so expecting a third and clearing the last month bad result would be a perfect way to start the month. But FC Roskilde wanted it another way scoring early in the match and with a good defense they, were close to winning, only a late direct free kick from Brandur secured the draw.

Following this was 2 boring draws both with the result of 0-0 I was quiet obvious that the offense was in a crises and was not able to put it in, this meant a lot of moving around in the front line during this 2 matches.

And in the third match this finally paid off as Simon Bræmer scored the only goal in a strongly defensive match up, bring back 3 needed points to the team.
View attachment 224162
Going into the last month a position as number 4 is a great result, AGF already securing promotion shows that they were the best team all year long with only 2 losses.​

Season End
View attachment 223970
Keeping the form going from last month victory against FC Frederica, a good away victory of 3-1 against Vejle keeps AB in the top 4. Generally it was a match dominated by AB’s 2 strong ball winning midfielders Rasmus & Kasper Hansen.

Inviting the relegation threatened Skive IK to Gladsaxe stadium turned out to be a real men’s fight with lots of free kicks and card showed no one was really able to have a fluid game plan going for long. The 2 goals both came after a free kick.

Already promoted AGF who by this stat also had just won the division came to Gladsaxe, AB tried again the defensive stand which had not worked last time, but this time an early penalty gave AB the much needed moral boost to defend most of the match only to concede a goal in the dyeing minutes of the game.

Lyngby mean deadly rivalry playing in Lyngby stadium AB had earlier secured 3 points by a defensive mentality both this time an offensive strategy took Lyngby by surprise. Scoring 2 goals in the first half after dominating the game. Second half AB stepped back into the defensive position only to concede a goal in the last minutes.

Viborg was next positioned as number three this was a regular fight for the 3 position and the possibility to challenge AC Horsens for the last promotion position. The game was dominated by the fact that a loss could be a disaster so open chances were a minimum in the game. Linus Olsson scored the only goal after a corner.

Positioned as number 3 AB was about to become a challenger for Horsens but, the pressure were too big for the young team, not being able to put the ball in the net cost the chance of victory. The result also meant that Viborg was only 1 point after going into the last match.

Brønshøj had already secured another season in the first division and had nothing to play for, AB was in need of a victory to maintain the position as number 3. But an early goal from Brønshøj put the pressure on AB who was not able to score against a good organized Brønshøj defence.

The league table:
View attachment 223969
Ending op at number 4 is a surprise to all as AB was among the favorites for relegation. René Henriksen was quoted after the last match:

“I am very proud of the guys. The fought through the hole season and played some good passing and physical football, with some high pressure. We surprised most of the Danish football society with this position and there is a lot of talent to work on in this squad. Now focus is on next season hopefully I am able to keep the squad even though rumors about some of my key players have become stronger after this magnificent season”

Team of the year
View attachment 223968

Player of the year
View attachment 223967

Job rumors and offers:
View attachment 223966

Morten Wieghorst stops as manager for the newly first division champions and the rumors of a new manager is starting amoung the favorites AB’s manager René Henriksen is mentioned.
“I am very proud to be mentioned as a possibility but my loyalty and focus is on AB, I signed a new contract in the winter break I mean to keep it” René was quoted after being confronted with the rumor

View attachment 223965

View attachment 223964
”As I was quoted earlier when confronted with the AGF rumor my focus is on AB so I have declined the offers from both Bradford and Wisla Krakow, I am very flattered by their interest”

Star player leaving
View attachment 223963

”It is a sad day today to see Høgh leave for another club, but a pressure from the board to sell players due to the finance situation in the club and wish from Høgh to go and try himself on a higher level. I have decided to accept the offers from numbers clubs. Høgh have decided to go with Györ and I wish him the best of luck”​