Replacement for Adebayor at Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter Conorcfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4K

Conorcfc

Reaction score
I'm coming up to January in my Spurs game - doing quite well, sitting in 2nd and have only dropped 5 points so far. City look unbeatable though. :S

So yeah... From what I've read, at the end of the season Adebayor usually looks for like 200K p/w to stay on at Spurs, I'm looking to reduce the wage bill so not prepared to pay 1 player that amount of money. So I need a replacement.

Basically need someone with similar stature to Ade. Strong, tall, lethal finishing, a good header and can play the lone striker role. I make about 5/6 CCC's a game so I want someone who will finish the majority of the ones he gets. I'm considering Cavani and Mbaye Niang so far, but any other recommendations?

Cavani is pretty expensive but soooo worth it, for a cheaper option you could go for Niang, Wilfried, Luuk de Jong, Sigthorsson etc.

Not really similar to ade but a player I've found that does alright is moussa sow(sp) from lile. You could go for cavani. Will cost you a ton and wages will be about 120k but he is probably the best striker in the game. In a past Everton save spurs signed cavani and hulk 2nd season and when I played against them hulk tore me a new one on the wing and cavani was lethal in the box

Seydou Doumbia is a monster goal scorer for Tottenham. He just rips defenders to pieces.

i use cavani; unless he took an arrow in the knee, you should get him :)

Thanks for the suggestions lads. Just got into January there and the board give me 30M, don't need Cavani now so gonna hold off to the Summer until I sign him.

Looking for a young keeper as a replacement for Cudicini. Also wouldn't mind some CB's with good potential, want Gallas and King off the wage bill.

Brought in an Italian CM, Andrea Bertolacci, on a free transfer and he looks like a good prospect.

Not sure how much he would cost, but if you need a goalie, go for Ter Stergen @ Gladbach.

Forget Catpiss Cisse and Moussa Cow. Mbaye Niang is your man or Demiao. I had both in second season and got Adebayor in again on loan. Sensational!

Signed Niang in the end. Adebayor has been brilliant for me, and equally so has Defoe when called upon. So I wanted to sign a player who would be happy at limited opportunities but will add something when they come. Couple of days after he signed, we had a FA Cup game with Leeds, fielded a team of kids including Niang and he scored 3 and assisted 1, great start.

Also signed Eriksen as back-up to Modric, Kiko on loan as back-up to Lennon and Luis Guilherme as my third GK. Undecided whether I wanna keep Ade on for another years loan or buy someone like Cavani.

PS. Just as I write this Niang has scored 2 (so far) against Leicester. Looking like a good signing!

Niang <3

Just scored the winner for me against Bolton in a game where my players were playing terribly.

Bertolacci is class, signed him in 2016 for my wolves team for around 16m I think, great versatile midfielder who I play as a box to box mid, scores some banging long range goals. Tutor him well!

If you can get a chance to sign Cavani...DO IT!. Normally 2nd season Napoli ask for £40m+ for him. First season you can get him between £25m-£27m. He is the best striker on the game and will score you bags of goals and will rip defenders to pieces.

Ade got injured for me before xmas, was out for 7/8 months so had time to sort a replacement out. I used defoe for the rest of that season and he didnt do too well. I use 41221. I signed Vagner Love, nothing like ade but does score goals. 39 in all comp, 33 in prem. Won the league :D....only annoying thing with it was in his first 4 games was sent off three times! Cost me 17.75mill, asked the board to sign him no matter what as only had 12mill budget.

Back