Replacements for my Tottenham stars! :)

• Thread starter Thread starter Nathan123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

Nathan123

Reaction score
Coming to the end of my first season with Tottenham, i'm currently 5th and hoping for Champions League next season, have made some good signings in Miguel Veloso, John Fleck, Davide Santon, Joe Mattock, Skjelbred, Cardozo & Enyeama.

However, in the January transfer window i managed to hang on to Palacios, Modric & Bentley, as i consider them to be the best players i have.

I recieved offers of 19m for Palacios (R.Madrid), 24m for Modric (R.Madrid/Barca) and 11m for Bentley (Arsenal).

I don't think i will be so lucky to keep them come the end of the season.

I'm thinking of Guardado to replace Modric but i can't seem to find a replacement for the other 2. As i don't think Skjelbred can cope with this level.

Any advice would be very greatly appreciated :)

However, in the January transfer window i managed to hang on to Palacios, Modric & Bentley, as i consider them to be the best players i have.

I recieved offers of 19m for Palacios (R.Madrid), 24m for Modric (R.Madrid/Barca) and 11m for Bentley (Arsenal).

I'd say Higuan £5.5M (Real Madrid) for Palacios, De La Red £4.3 (Real Madrid) for Modric, and Arteta £17.5 for Bentley? Getting you 3 "leading premier league stars" for an £27M Profit. Plus you can get upto about £32M for Modric.

Palacios - Higuain(R. Madrid), Joao Moutinho(Sporting)
Modric - Vukcevic(Sporting), Dzagoev(CSKA)
Bentley - Ashley Young(Villa), Guardado(Deportivo)
Don't sell Skjelbred short, he has played well in games for me when I thought he would bo out of his depth.

Nathan, dont worry i have got what you need. First of all i suggest you get rid of palacious,modric and bentley for the money stipulated, then to replace them obtain
lassana diarra, angel di maria(or ochirosii) and davide santon(aiden mcgeady). The wingers ie di maria and santon, when placed in the AMRL positions will not only get you to the champions league but will help you tear big teams apart. For diarra place him at the center with forward runs, he the closest thing to essien. He just keeps gettin the ball from your opponents.
But i think to get there you need to be strongest in your defence and goalkeeping

Peace

Good suggestions guys! :)

One problem, Higuain doesn't look anywhere near good enough on the "comparison" screen to replace Palacios...
And Moutinho is at Man City so i don't think i could get him...

Palombo for Palacios
Modric for Vukcevic, Dzagoev
Marquinhos for Bentley

Good suggestions guys! :)

One problem, Higuain doesn't look anywhere near good enough on the "comparison" screen to replace Palacios...
And Moutinho is at Man City so i don't think i could get him...

He might not be.. But he is only 20 (start of 08 season) and is already a leading premier league star.. And will still get better for the next few years, plus he's only £5.5M, I mean it's hard to complain about him.. But if you want a experienced replacement check out Arteta?

try Ronaldhino, Adrien - sporting, Neves - hsv, Javi Martinez - athletic, Hernanes - sau paulo, Ramires, Jean - sau paulo, Vukcevic - sporting, zirkhov, try Nasri from Aresenal, tsetomir todorov - ascoli, takayuki morimoto - catania
freddy adu, matias fernandez,

fabian delph from leeds for palacious
Diego Buonanotte from river for modric
alex witsel from standard for bentley

Last edited:
Fernandinho(Shakhtar) for 10m is a quality AM/MC.
Diego Buonannote(River) for 5m ish is a sound replacement for Bentley

Back