memoman

Reaction score
I was fairly hopeless on FM before I decided to make my own tactic on FM12, to incredible success. After taking Fleetwood into the Premier League in five seasons, I then went on to lead then Europa League side Arsenal to English and European domination.

Anyway, this was the tactic I used (see pics - the only team instructions I mainly used were 'work ball into box' and 'pass to feet') and I'm now attempting to replicate it for FM14. I've given it a go (see pics) but it's not quite right yet; the centre backs are hoofing it too often and for some reason the style isn't as short and fluid as on FM12.

The FM14 player instructions I've currently got on the tactic are:
distribute shorter: GK
pass shorter: CBL, CBR, CDM
mark tighter: LB, CBR, RB
close down more: LB, RB, CDM

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as to how I can improve it. Thanks |)
View attachment 462966View attachment 462965View attachment 462964

Your Limited Defender will be set to hoof it by default because thats what he does. Try changing him to a CD or tweak his instructions to play it a bit shorter. Id also be a bit wary of playing so many players on a support duty. I'm no expert and I may be wrong but at the lower levels players decision making is poor and by giving them a support role you're asking them to make decisions. Try changing your DM to defend and one of your AP to attack. I have had quite a bit of success in the lower leagues by keeping things simple. Simple roles and usually default settings with the odd tweak. Lower league players need to be given clearly defined roles I find.