Reputation Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter Xdavil2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

Xdavil2

Reaction score
So I've managed to get Chelmsford promoted from the BSS to League 2, in 3 seasons. I'm now in my first season of league 2. Recently, my assistant manager has been informing me that some of my players are struggling to motivate themselves to play for someone of 'my reputation' (which has gone up to national after starting as an unknown- I've also had offers from premier league clubs). Is there any way to improve the situation, other than just continuing to move chelmsford up the ladder?

I should also add that for all I know, this might have been the case since I began the game- I only just got a better assistant manager who gives me much more in-depth information than the last guy. So maybe there's nothing much to worry about. Results are continuing to go well, and I'm second in the league. Still, it'd be nice to get some recognition from my players- I don't think they'd be where they are now without me!

The players don't pay your wages, the only people you need to impress are the board members :P

Id imagine as you earn cup wins and league titles, ect. the players attitude will change but if the team talks are responding in your favor and the players are signing contracts, it's nothign to worry about. Just keep playing and climb the league ladder.

Tbh, I got Wrexham promoted 4 years in a row from BSP to PL and even when my rep was continental (started on Sunday League) and I was being offered jobs at the likes of Tottenham it still said "Player has lack of confidence with you as his manager" or something similar in every game. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Cheers guys, that's great. Now all I have to focus on is keeping my club out of administration!

Back