Reserve squad?

stembot

Reaction score
I'm completely new to the FM game, and only have the latest Ipod version.

Amongst a few other issues I have, the biggest currently is my ability to control my reserve squad. I can view my reserve squad, but I can't do anything with the players. They are all listed with a value of "Free."

The interface makes it look like I should be able to run it like a regular reserve squad in real life, but I can't figure out how.

Help?

You need to demote players into the squad for them "filler" players to disappear.

yes demote players that you dont need or youth.You cant play them against other reserves thats what i hate

For some la liga and bundesliga teams I think play in leagues but nobody else. You loan out youth and then demote them if you need room

Amongst a few other issues I have, the biggest currently is my ability to control my reserve squad. I can view my reserve squad, but I can't do anything with the players. They are all listed with a value of "Free."
Any player who has his name 'drawn' in 'grey' is a virtual player; that is they're a filler who doesn't exist irl.

They're present in the game to (1) Stop screens looking odd, (2) Ensure that the game plays realistically if a club is short of real-players in the database.

A human reserve team starts 'empty' apart from virtual players and is intended to be used simply as a storage for surplus/youth players until they're ready for the first team - in a future version I might include a reserve league setup, but this hasn't been possible so far.

Hope this helps,

Marc