Reserve team football with training or loaning to a weaker side.

sefiruso

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Ive played FM since 2001-2002 was champ man back then :p Well every new game i struggle to notice or justify the difference between loaning a player out for first team experience or keeping him under my training regimes and giving him the odd first team game in the easier matches.

I know in football manager live the rate of progression is boosted by the level of football they play but also the level of training they recieve.

Il cut this short im starting to go off on one. Is it betetr to loan players out. For example im man city and my main domestic feeder club is leeds or grasshoppers in the europa league but a very poor standerd of domestic football. i should be able to get a better foreign feeder. Or should i keep them in my reserves with the odd easy league league cup or fa cup game

Cheers

I find that loaning out youngsters is a better way for them to develop rather than letting them play in the reserves but i suppose it depends on who you loan them to and what level of competition they will be playing at, i always try to get my youngsters out on loan at a level in which it may improve there game, but sometimes its not always the case, its a catch 22 situation.

I prefer to get all the good reserves in my first team squad, with them being available for reserve games (playing maybe 10 a season, then get them in the first team whereever possible, all carling cup games, and alot of susstitute appearances when say 3-0 up etc.. Also if the reserve team play well in the cup, I let them start the next premier league game depending on who it is against, and then bring the big player like torres on at half time if needed