daquinnsta15

Reaction score
hi
im new to this forum so if this thread is in the wrong place im sorry :).

anyway i was wondering if there was anyway to add your reserve team into your countries league. for example, chelsea's reserve team playing in the championship etc.

i think it would be beneficial for your youth team who would get experiance and also interesting to see how you do.

thanks

you could do it through the editor, youd need to make the reserves a different team, then make them an affiliate of chelsea's and type would be B team. i think youll need to do more, but thats all i know from here, maybe someone else can add to it :)

Yep Use The Data Editor also if your using a Bladesmans build that lets go down to level 11 or 10, & your local senior cup etc.they will play in that for extra expirence. i would stick them i like level 10, so they get used to the feeling of winning :p

if you do this upload please mate lol i would make one myself but dont know how to use the the data editor very well lol

youd need to use the same structure as the spanish league teams, their reserves could end up playin in their league :p

if you do this with every team in england, youll have a quality db and everyone will probs want it :)

Success :)

i had to sacrifice Accrington but 'Chelsea B' are now in the coca-cola league 2 :). hopefully they wont get relagated :)

thanks for the help people :)

Last edited:
I put my created teams 'B' team in the Blue Square South and they have been promoted up to League 2 so far.

You can also put a 'C', 'D', 'E'.... etc in as many times as you want.

youd need to use the same structure as the spanish league teams, their reserves could end up playin in their league :p

no they cant. if a Spanish B team ever wins/gains promotion from Liga Adelante they are not allowed to play in Liga BBVA as their 'parent club'/first team will be in the same division.

Last edited:
no they cant. if a Spanish B team ever wins/gains promotion from Liga Adelante they are not allowed to play in Liga BBVA as their 'parent club'/first team will be in the same division.

:( would be fun to see a few "B" teams and first team in the same league:p:D

Does anyone know if there is any way to add a reserve team to the league system for a save game file or are we only capable of doing this with a pre-game editor?

B Teams are a big problem in FM2011, because the game makes the almost independent from there Parent team, and is not like that in reality. Anyways I found ways of getting around it!

I used to get my good youngsters to Real Madrid Castilla but if they have high salaries (and often they do if there good) they put a hole in the economy of the team (I actually went bankrupt and couldn't sign any trainers). The only way you can get around this without having to use an Editor is to use this tricks.

a)When you negociate with a player you plan to play on your B Team, If you can spare the money, give him a good signing bonus with a "good promise tag" insted of a high salary.

b) You can actually sell players you buy with your B team. You can sell players bough by the Parent Team, but the wont do any good to your economy. So a good strategy is having 3 or 4 guys that you buy with your B team for less then 1,000,000 euros with the potential to be good in a year or two (but not great). I often sold the for triple or four time the value I bough them for. For this you can use the scout on your parent team.

c) Get players on loan from other teams without paying a fee.

d)Just send 4 or 5 guys you want to develop from your A team and be sure there the best prospects or the wont do you any good.

e) Hire a couple of old players to help you with experience in the team, because you need to win games to keep morale up, essential for players to develop fast.

f)Find the best coaches available for the less money cause you'll need it for player development.

g)Finally, make a manager of your own to manage the team even if you send him on vacation all the time (normally I play a few games at the beginning of the season to see the players and to make sure the team wins). That's the only way your going to be able to hire staff, train and sell players when you want to.

It's a hard job, but it pays off, even if the team can't be promoted.

And another advice, if you have great players get then first team playing time once there more than 19 or send then on loans to big clubs with the oportunity to get playing time, or you have his progress stop.