Reserve Team v. Loaning

• Thread starter Thread starter gbpacker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

gbpacker

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a couple questions about youth development. I'm currently in my 3rd year at Man Utd in my save and my reserve team is a little weird. You see, when I took over, I cut everyone in the reserve with no potential and loaned everyone else (there weren't many left) out. That's also what I do when a play becomes too old for the U18s, I loan them out to a feeder. The problem is that now I have a senior team of 25, a youth team of 25, and a reserve team of 37 with all of them out on loan. So my question is how you guys organize your reserve teams and whether this is a terrible system. Should I keep about 25 out of that 37 at the club for better training/facilities, even though they won't be getting 1st team football at my feeders? In the cases where my players just end up playing reserve team football for the feeder, should I recall them and let them train in the reserves at my club? Thanks for the help! =D

My example:

Senior squad: 30 players. They all do a minimum of 15 games per season, witch i think its good
All the players that i cant sell i loan to feeders so they play and i can sell after. They are in the B squad
B squad: players from 19 years old to 21. At least 2 per position, but o use some in weaker senior games. They make at least 20 games per season.

Some players that i think need more games and don't play i loan to feeder clubs. This is crucial because the assist manager in my game prefers Sanogo to Fierro, so Fierro now is on a feeder club to get more games, as he is younger. Sanogo will eventually go to the main squad and Fierro will have his chances in the B squad.
Junior squad: from 14 to 18. As i have a bug in my game, they don't have official games,e except the nextgen cup. So i play them 50 games per season, all friendlies against bigger in reputation teams (they develop more faster). In this squad i can have up to 50 players because some are called to the B squad.

So, after some years, only payers with 22 years old will come to the main squad, with, i hope, 90% of the development done (the B squad plays on the 2nd league and in the league cup (bug)).

I only buy players with more than 180 PA (Genie scout here), and i check often in they raise their CA, witch happens. At the age of 22 i still have 1 or 2 years to get them 100% of their PA.

Also, foreign payers that don't have a place on the 30 main squad i sell. National players have preference, even if they are weaker or older.

Also, sometimes, i put directly in the main squad players below 22 years old, because i really need them, or because they PA is like 195 or higher.

Hope its clear

When your players aren't getting any first team football when you are loaning them out it is better to keep them at your club as they get far superior coaching in far superior facilities. You should be selling all players with 2 star or lower potential unless they have recently had an injury and still have at least 1.5 stars of potential.

IMO if you're a premiership club or a top league, the lowest loan move you should ever give a player is a top club in league 1. Championship or Scottish premier loan is very good for development but other than that I keep them in my reserves on personalised schedules and use tutoring.

Back