Restoring original competition names?

Reaction score
Hello,

I downloaded the "FM12 susie real names for clubs and competitions" (not sure of forum rules for links, so can be found on google). As good as this "fix" is, it's not very helpful when managing in a foreign country as I have no idea what awards my players are winning, so I would like to just change it back to the standard names, preferably I would like to keep the basic name changes like Champions League and Portuguese club names, but I'm sure I can find them on a less comprehensive download. Thus does anyone know how I can restore the competition and award names to the default.

Thanks,
Jesus

i downloaded this myself but i can't rememer what file type it is or where i saved it, if you can find the file on your computer and tell me the extention of it i can try and guide you through the changes you need to make to it in order to change what is renamed and what isn't.

it should be a .xml file.

thanks mate, i thought it was

Hello,

I downloaded the "FM12 susie real names for clubs and competitions" (not sure of forum rules for links, so can be found on google). As good as this "fix" is, it's not very helpful when managing in a foreign country as I have no idea what awards my players are winning, so I would like to just change it back to the standard names, preferably I would like to keep the basic name changes like Champions League and Portuguese club names, but I'm sure I can find them on a less comprehensive download. Thus does anyone know how I can restore the competition and award names to the default.

Thanks,
Jesus

in that case you need to open it up in a program similar to notepad which comes on most windows machines or my preferred one notepad++ which was a free download.

found here

the file you need to open is called competitions and should be under this file path:

documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2012/data/db/1200/lnc/competitions

lines 2052 and 2053 of this file reference japanese leageus but these leagues were created and will affect the first created competition in any piece of editor data loaded so should probably be deactivated by putting this symbol infront of the beginning of the lines.

#

then if you follow this path and load up awards

documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2012/data/db/1200/lnc/awards

then by deactivating records with this symbol # at the beginning of each line you can change them back to there original in game names whilst keeping the option of deleting that symbol to restore them to what the download changes them to. (if that makes sense)

e.g. if you put # infront of line 450 then it will no longer show as Barclays Premier League Goal of the Month in game but will be english premier goal of the month instead.

then in the following file you can change clubs and stadium names via the sme process

documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2012/data/db/1200/lnc/clubnames

e.g. putting a # at the beginning of rows 1500 and 1501 will change porto back to SCP

one last thing to remember is that you need to change both the long name and the short name otherwise you will only have the new name for one and the old name for the other,

sticking with teh porto example if you only chagne 1501 then the game will use the long name Futebol Clube do Porto - SAD but teh short name SCP

i hope this has helped you and if there's anything you don't understand then feel free to ask and i'll try and get back to you.

Back