NickFlynn

Reaction score
Managing Vauxhall with a minuscule wage budget, and I keep losing players on free transfers. Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks,
- Nick

Give your players a new contract a year or half a year before the end of his contract. If you wan't pay him, you can't keep him. In that case, sell him when he's still worth something.

The guys I'm losing are not on contract...they just have appearance fees. I don't have the budget to sign them to a normal contract, but I'm wondering if I should be trying to sign them to £5/week deals with bonuses or something like that....

- Nick

I've fended off L1 teams trying to poach my N/C left back while in the Blue Square Prem by offering him a new contract after they have approached him...

Usually if a player will negotiate a new deal with you, even if it's another N/C deal, they will sign that over moving to another club...this can mean you keep giving them new contracts every few weeks or so during the summer but it has worked for me so far at least! As I always seem to find some players refuse to sign P/T deals :(