Agreed with Disclaimer, this is a really interesting career.

Good luck with the pensioners!

Great idea on this story! Enjoying it so far, I'll be following.

Hopefully relegation can be avoided :p

It's looking good in terms of avoiding relegation but it's whether I can keep the job. Expected to finish mid-table so it's a bit of a struggle at the moment. Already had two board meetings

Agreed with Disclaimer, this is a really interesting career.

Good luck with the pensioners!

Thanks mate, really enjoyed your Football Managing Mercenary story so far. Hopefully can stay in the job and push forward

Retire

Right guys...

I have to say this reluctantly but the save is over. I have played up to the end of the first season a 3 times and all 3 times have resulted in being sacked, as well as on one other occasion.

The first time I finished 8th, not bad, but due to poor finances (which I couldn't help at all) the board sacked me.

The second time I got to a month before the beginning of season 2 and a takeover was completed. The new board didn't give me a chance after I finished 13th and they sacked me instantly.

The third play through I finished 13th, again, but due to poor performances in the FA Cup and League Cup as well as poor finances the board sacked me.

The other time I got sacked was after making it to January and drawing 2-2 with Burnley in the FA Cup, only to have the board turn around and sack me despite having been in control until the final 20 minutes when I had 4 players injured and ended the game with 7 men.

So the end of this has proved one thing, experience is not everything. Despite having some of the best and most experienced players in the world I couldn't keep my job and succeed. I think having the high profile names didn't help as it put expectations up (media expected top 6! Board expected mid-table).

One last note before finishing this story. I will be looking to start a new story soon. This story has had the best following of any I have done and I really enjoyed it (making it even more frustrating). I will aim to have started the new save in the next couple of days.

Thanks, FM Saddler.

Aww, I'm sad. Was a really great story. If you have in-game editor you can make yourself unsackable.

Aww, I'm sad. Was a really great story. If you have in-game editor you can make yourself unsackable.

Was really enjoying this save but it wasn't to be. I tried 3 times and even with success I couldn't keep the job. The wage budget was awful (was over £1m) and ultimately it's what helped to get me sacked each time but there was nothing I could do about it.

I've started a new story just which I will be posting the link to underneath here in a minute. Thanks for your feedback throughout and I hope you enjoy my next story.