Retiring team and giving birth to a successor

Reaction score
Hi there

My idea was to bankrupt major team, in this case Real Madrid, to a point of no return. So I could replace them and create new Real Madrid to start their second wind towards the top from lower leagues. I doubt the link is impossible to make for the game to understand "predecessor to the current team is once mighty Real Madrid C.F"

My goal would be to have clean slate, new small stadium and foundation date of 2011, but still have some relationship to the old Real Madrid that does not play anymore.

Anyone got any ideas how this could be done with as much realism as possible?

Or should I just kick all the players from current R. Madrid, drop them manually to lower league so they'd have history of

League in 2010-11: La Liga Pos 2
League in 2011-12: Liga Adelante Pos x

Any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated while keeping in mind the level of realism.

it would probably be best to manually drop the curent real madrid and change the year founded because afaik that's the only way to make them keep the history of the old club.

on the club editing page you can make real madrid extinct so the game should keep all the history but not be an active team, as for the link i am not sure can't see how it can be done.....on further digging i think sammyt's way is easiest

Back