Return to the Top: A Liverpool Story

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

coolmcool

Reaction score
Liverpool FC

After getting used to the new game playing as Man Utd and then having more of a challenge with Torquay United i have decided to become my boyhood heroes Liverpool FC

I was having a very enjoyable save as Torquay United but my game kept on crashing, i think this was down to being in 2027 as i havent got a lot of leagues loaded up but i ended up losing around 14 games i had played so i was not too keen to get straight back into that save.

I actually decided to support Liverpool when i was 7 years old under rather strange circumstances.
Both my older sisters who were in there teens loved the new Liverpool pin up boy Michael Owen and both got bought shirts with his name on the back, my mum got me the GK shirt with i think Brad Friedel on the back at the time. As i was a GK for my school and local team i had many shirts over the years including my favourite GK Sander Westerveld.
As i live miles from a decent football team my dad followed Plymouth Argyle who were about 2 hours away and in the first game i watch there GK was on fire and winding up the fans and it turned out it was Liverpool legend Bruce Grobbelaar after his match fixing problems.

First post will be up Dreckly . . . .

Squad Analysis

GK
Pepe Reina
Doni
Brad Jones

Pepe Reina is by far my first choice keeper and will be for a long time yet, i am going to sell Doni as he isnt that much better than Brad Jones but is on £50k a week which could be better spent in other areas!

DL
Jose Enrique
Jack Robinson

Enrique is much better at the moment but Robinson has such a high potential that im tempted to sell Enrique who is on £55k a week and bring in a stop gap like Neil Taylor who will fill in when Robinson needs a rest.

DR
Glen Johnson
Martin Kelly
John Flanagan

Glen Johnson is a brilliant RB but again gets paid stupid money (80k) and in Martin Kelly you have a ready made replacement.

DC
Martin Skrtel
Daniel Agger
Sebastian Coates
Jamie Carragher
Danny Wilson

Skrtel and Agger are the first choices but Coates will definetly be getting some game time along with veteran Carragher i may put Wilson out on loan for a season or two and then he can come in when Carragher retires.

AMR
Raheem Sterling
Joe Cole
Jordan Ibe

Sterling is an amazing prospect and so is Ibe but Joe Cole has to go hes on so much money and he wont be getting anywhere near my team this year.

AML
Stewart Downing
O. Aissiadi

Downing is the better player at the moment but it depends how he performs other players in the squad can play this position but i have put them into groups of favoured position.

MC
Lucas Leivia
Nuri Sahin
Jordan Henderson
Jonjo Shelvey
Joe Allen

Leivia and Allen will be my two MC's at the start but i may play Sahin instead. Jordan Henderson although a poor player in real life at the moment still has potential in the game to be a good player.

AMC
Steven Gerrard
Suso

Gerrard will be the player everything goes through but due to fatigue and injuries i believe Suso and Shelvey will get game time.

FC
Luis Suarez
Borini
Pachecho

Suarez is the talisman but im not sure if i will play him as a striker or not, Borini has looked a good player in some other peoples saves and my pre season so he may play just ahead of Suarez as a Poacher. Pachecho will never make it as a premier league striker so i will be getting rid of him immediately.

Overall

Because in real life the season has been going for 5 months its hard not to bring some of my prejudices into the game with players who are not performing well in real life but may do well in FM 2013. In other stories i have seen the likes of Giroud and Borini have bagged goals even though they have been poor in real life and Andre Wisdom has a very low potential even though he has had a good season for Liverpool.

Transfers
I am definetly going to sell Doni, Joe Cole and Pachecho but i may go all out with the Liverpools overpaid underperforming stars and sell the likes of Glen Johnson, Jose Enrique, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson.

My season expectations have been set at getting into europe but i have been given only £3million to spend and not much of a wage budget.

Transfers and Pre season

Transfer History Summer 2012

View attachment 288818

As you can see i decided to pin all my hopes on one player splashing out almost £20million on Lewandowski. 50% of his next transfer fee will also go to Borussia Dortmund as they originally would not budge from an asking price of around £30million.
I also signed Wellington Nem as i have seen him perform well on numerous other saves and he was all else i could afford. He also can play about a million postions so is a good squad player for now or may become my first choice left midfielder.
Transfers Out
£20million was just too much to turn down for Glen Johnson and i was glad to get Stewart Downings wages of the budget and got a tidy sum to go with it.
I could not for love nor money get rid of some players, Joe Cole left on loan in the end after offering him to clubs for free and still getting no offers. Jose Enrique had a few offers but they were all local rivals who only wanted to pay around £7million and finally Jordan Henderson had no offers come in even after i offered him out at £7.5million so i have decided to hang on to him and see if he turns out to be a good homegrown player.

Pre Season

I let my assistant take control of the pre season friendlies as i was too busy trying to get rid of poor squad players. We only played 2 friendlies as we had Europa League qualifying matches to get ready for. We beat our own reserves then lost to Parma away in a game where none of our main players went to.

We face norwegian side Stabaek in the europa league 3rd round qualifying at the beginning of next month and im unsure as to if i should put a strong team out or spread it out a bit and see what the squad is capable of.

is this save over :) ??? I really like it

It never really got going, i posted on the discussion thread about it and got slated for selling Glen Johnson and so forth and wanting to sell Jose Enrique so lost interest, may start this up again with the new update in the near future

It never really got going, i posted on the discussion thread about it and got slated for selling Glen Johnson and so forth and wanting to sell Jose Enrique so lost interest, may start this up again with the new update in the near future

Mate who cares what other people think, you wanna sell Johnson then go for it bud, personally i dont rate the two full backs anyway. The whole point is to be a manager and make your own decisions so screw everyone else!!

Right im going to give Liverpool another go now i have my new laptop after 2 months without fm im in the mood for a long term save, and my own team seems the go to option at the moment, still no money but at least i now have Sturridge and Coutinho!

so you are starting this in the new patch......
then make a new thread for the New story....wont that be better?

so you are starting this in the new patch......
then make a new thread for the New story....wont that be better?
Yeah i may do that when i have more time tommorrow, with my old laptop breaking i have lost all my saves,
before i start a new thread may play the game for six months to see if i get into the save

Back